Hotel Due Torri or Santa Chiara?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which would you Fororites recommend and why? The Due Torri or Santa Chiara? We have a party of 8 that will be staying in Double and Triple rooms. Location, charm, quality of rooms . . . you know the drill ;-)<BR><BR>Thanks!
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 07:21 AM

Santa Chiara, no question. On another thread, I posted why our stay at the Due Torre resulted in it being voted my worst hotel room experience. In short, the rooms are small, miniscule bathroom, and the decor shabby, unkempt and non-functioning. The Santa Chiara, while not luxurious, has rooms that are of adequate size (they have quads and an apartment)and are clean and well maintained.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 07:21 AM

We stayed at the Due Torri in Rome on our first visit, and we were less than impressed. The room was tiny, and had a musty smell. The air conditioner didn't really cool anything, but did multiply the musty smell. The location was pretty good though.<BR><BR>Unfortunately, I don't have any other recommendations in the same price range. After that visit we have made a conscious decision to upgrade to better, and consequently more expensive hotels in Rome.<BR><BR>By the way, if your question was not about Rome, just disregard everything I said.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 09:43 AM

We stayed at the Due Torri in October of 2001 and loved it. We had a corner room second floor. It was larger than some of the rooms I've stayed in in Europe and wasn't at all shabby. The shower was miniscule, but the bathroom was bright and shiny. We didn't need the AC. The staff were friendly and professional, and the location was perfect. We especially enjoyed the sumptuous breakfast buffet. I'd go back in a second; in fact, I wish I were there right now.<BR><BR>If you want to read a bunch of reviews from the archives, type Due Torri into the search box at the top of the page. In the box to the right, scroll down and highlight Italy. Press find.<BR>
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 11:46 AM

The rooms at the Santa Chiara are plain but comfortable. The location is excellent! I would gladly stay there again.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 07:18 PM

Haven't stayed at Due Torri, but can join the others in endorsing the Santa Chiara. Nice hotel, good breakfast, but most importantly, an unbeatable location.
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 09:34 AM

Okay, I'm confused now.

Which rooms are awful at Due Torri? I thought it's been touted as one of the best hotels in Rome. It's an awful lot of money they are asking for a family room - even with the great location - so I want to be sure of this place.

Can anyone comment further please? Thanks!
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 12:10 PM

We stayed at the Due Torri a few years ago. Since then, the rooms may all have been renovated, but maybe not. The rooms varied in size but none that I saw were huge and the bathrooms are all very tiny. Many recent posters have liked the hotel very much and maybe they all had renovated rooms. The one night we stayed there was one of the worst hotel experiences we ever had and based on that, I wouldn't give the hotel another try, especially since the Del Senato and the Santa Chiara, both comparable three star hotels, are so much nicer.
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 12:36 PM

Grinisa, thanks,I did view your prior comment. That was a lousy room you had. I am hoping that all the rooms have been renovated since you stayed there because I don't want to pay alot of money to be disappointed-no matter the great location.

We paid alot at Hotel d'Angleterre in Paris and our room could have been better maintained and we were disappointed.

I guess we could take a chance at Due Torri-someone stayed in a family room recently and said it's allright.