3-4 star hotel in Rome sleeps 4

May 31st, 2003, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

3-4 star hotel in Rome sleeps 4

I am having a hard time finding a place to stay in Rome, that my family of 4 can share one room/suite....under about $250.00. We are looking in to apartments which seem a bit cheaper for a good location. Any suggestions? Laura
May 31st, 2003, 04:16 PM

We also have a family of four, we stayed in the Hotel Mozart two years ago and it was great. We had a large comfortable, quiet room. We are going again this summer and are staying at the Santa Chiara just for something different and a change in location. The price of the Mozart is in your price range.
May 31st, 2003, 06:41 PM

i have friends that have stayed at the mozart..(and are staying there again this fall)...and they love it.
we have stayed several times at the santa chiara....
(and my daughters family stayed in a triple at the santa chiara for 243€...)
we love the location~
Jun 1st, 2003, 01:21 PM

I think the Fontanella Borghese has a larger room that sleeps four. Our double, including breakfast, in October 2002 was E185. I believe the larger room ran about E225-230.

We loved the location of the F.B., just a few blocks down the Via Condotti from the Spanish Steps. Very quiet.
Jun 1st, 2003, 02:51 PM

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Gianicolo in October and there were lots of families there. It was a lovely hotel in Trastevere.
www.grandhotelgianicolo.it
Jun 1st, 2003, 03:18 PM

Hi Panucci,

I stayed at the Kennedy Hotel 3 years ago. It was near Termini station but felt very safe. The staff were great. Many of the rooms had been renovated at that time. Just looked at their web site and noticed that their renovation is complete. They have a family room - 2 connecting bedrooms with bath for between 140E and 250E. Breakfast is included with the room - it's coffee, tea, chocolate, rolls, juice, fruit, cheese, and yogurt. Here's their URL:
http://wwws.venere.it/roma/kennedy/

adrienne
Jun 1st, 2003, 07:58 PM
dln

You don't mention how long you are staying, but if it is at least for three nights, you might want to check out www.sleepinitaly.com. They have both apartments and B&B accomodations in all areas of the city. We have reserved with them for September, and it really wasn't as far in advance as I would have expected. One apartment that I was particularly interested in was already booked, even four months ahead. But I have found out the same applies for hotels, so take this advice and try to get yourself sorted out as soon as possible! Best of luck.

Jun 1st, 2003, 08:09 PM

We have reservations at the Hotel Alimandi for a room for 4. The hotel has gotten good reviews for a reasonably priced hotel. It is located right by the Vatican Museum which is a bit "out of the way" of some of the major attractions but well located if you are interested in the visiting the Vatican.
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:15 PM

We are staying at Properzio, an independent apartment for 4 nights,beginning June 21. There are 5 of us. It's located near the Vatican. Total cost is 600 Euros. I can't "recommend" it as such, since we haven't yet stayed but it was recommended by an apartment which was already booked. To contact them: [email protected]
Good luck! Ashcanannie
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:26 PM

I can also recommend the Santa Chiara. Our family of 4 was very comfortable in room 102. Large bed for parents with a closable door, separating us from the kids who each had twin sized fold-out sofa/chairs. Location was perfect and the breakfast buffet was excellent.
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! This gives me quite a few options. I will get right on it as it is getting late to book anything. Laura