trains overnite

May 31st, 2003, 02:03 PM
zil
Original Poster

trains overnite

Just heard a very crazy thing from a travel agent.....is it true DER will not give prices for sleeping compartments (2 People) without charging me for it???? I just want the price right now and then decide if I want to do it.....
May 31st, 2003, 02:53 PM

It may be true. A year ago I heard that railEurope had bought them, and RailEurope make money any way they can. I suggest a phone call to Euraide in Florida: http://www.euraide.de/. Telephone in USA 1 941-480-1555. Fax 1 941-480-1522. E-mail [email protected]

[email protected]
May 31st, 2003, 03:27 PM
Bootman4U

Let us please not forget just WHO runs that very nasty Raileurope so many of you enjoy maligning..the European railroads....some folks are willing to pay for convenience and some aren't.

Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:27 PM

But that makes me still more unhappy. That state corporations of some European countries should overcharge unfortunate north Americans makes me sad. I am not sure that all countries join in the ownership of RailEurope. I find that German Rail run their own service (with no mark-up at all) here in Britain, and so are in direct competition with RailEurope. I do indeed like convenience: German Rail UK offer it, plus a better set of software than Rail Europe. Americans who like convenience but not large mark-ups use Euraide, who have offices in Florida and Germany: http://www.euraide.de/ (telephone in USA 1 941-480-1555, fax 1 941-480-1522, e-mail [email protected])

[email protected]
Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:31 PM

You're surprised that state owned businesses are whacked? That's amazing. Look at our own education department, post office, AMTRAK or anything the government tries to do...it doesn't work folks.

Now, back to your travel discussion.
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:38 PM

I would, indeed, be surprised if these state owned businesses were whacked. In Europe it is the state owned railways of France, Austria and the low countries that run the best services, while privatised services in Britain trundle along behind.

But what I said and say is that state corporations of some European countries should overcharge unfortunate north Americans.

You write: Now, back to your travel discussion. Thank you, but if you allow it I shall choose for myself whether I write, and what about.

Ben Haines

Jun 6th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Bootman4U

HGee, kids....guess I struck a nerve here...does the boss or sitter know you've been fooling around with the keyboard again?

If the Bahn charged everyone just for asking for a price quote they could probably stop running the trains...I think the answer here is in the poster's own remarks: "just heard a CRAZY (emphasis mine) thing..." and if the poster thought it was crazy it probably is....

Jun 6th, 2003, 10:26 AM
ira

Hi Zil,

I just spoke to Euraide in the US. They do not charge you to get a price estimate.

The best way to deal with them is to find the train(s) you wish to take at the website of the company you will be using.

Call Euraide to make the
reservation(s).

They will charge you the same price as if you had gone to the train station *plus* $35.00 for the total order.