Rome hotel w/ terrace or balcony

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 11:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello: We are planning a trip to Italy. I have been researching many hotels. Curious if anyone has had a nice stay at a property with a terrace/balcony in Rome. Looking for a quad or family room. Thanks for any feedback.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 04:34 AM

Check out the Albergo Del Senato in Rome. I haven't stayed there ( we were based at the Hotel Pantheon just around the corner), but I understand that they have suites which may accomodate your family, and some of the rooms have balconies/small terraces overlooking the Rotunda Della Pantheon.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Weadles. You are always so helpful. Thanks for your response.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 09:46 AM

The Del Senato, with the wonderful rooftop terrace, in case you don't have one actually in your room, is a good choice. The Santa Chiara has balcony rooms. The Portoghesi has a room (but not a quad) with a fabulous terrace, and also a breakfast terrace available to all. The Crown Minerva just behind the Pantheon also has a roof top terrace, but I don't think they have individual rooms with terraces.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Original Poster

iluvitaly - thank you. I'm checking out a couple of your suggestions as well as Weadles. Also, I understand that the Hotel Margutta has a couple of terrace rooms but I've been reading mixed reviews for this hotel. They also request an Int'l bank draft for a nonrefundable room deposit for next June.
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 03:14 AM

http://www.hotelsancarloroma.com/index.htm

We stayed at the Hotel San Carlo at the Spanish Steps and had a HUGE terrace with a small room though. Not sure if they have family rooms or not but worth checking out since they have the terrace thing going.
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Original Poster

thanks srice. I'll look into it.
Old Aug 6th, 2005, 07:26 AM

Ljyoung - We stayed at the Albergo Santa Chiara in May 2004. The hotel is literally right behind the Pantheon and we had balcony as requested. The balcony was probably 6 feet by 14 feet and they had a couple of chairs out there with flowers. The bathroom and room were pretty good size. The price was good at 214 Euro a night. The reviews are pretty consistant on Tripadvisor.com. Good luck!
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 10:51 AM

After HUNDREDS of hours of reseach I chose Hotel Carmel sometimes called locanda Carmel in Trastevere. It is very reasonable, the top two rooms, one a double with two twin beds and the other a king both open onto a balcony. It sounds great and was VERY REASONABLE. I won't know if I made a good choice or not untio we go the beginning of Oct. Check it out, it's listed on this web site as well as Frommers and Trip Advisor. Good luck!
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 12:44 PM

It's nice when people write back and say what they decided on! Thanks. Let us know how it goes.
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Oops - now it see it wasn't OP. Oh well...
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Original Poster

Hi Everyone. Thanks for your continued input. Tweeter -I have sent 2 emails to Albergo Santa Chiara and have yet to hear back. I am interested in this property and location. And jane2ron - will be interested to hear about your stay. I'm still working on it!
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 06:01 PM

Hi Ljyoung,

It doesn't surprise me that you haven't heard from the Santa Chiara yet. We had the same problem when we booked it. I don't think they are great on email. It took at least a week to get a reply from them. The best way to get fast results would be to call them. We booked in Dec/Jan for May and had no problem getting a room with Balcony. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 06:06 PM

Oh, I should add that we strongly considered the Hotel San Carlo and Albergo Del Senato, both mentioned above. We really wanted a balcony or terrace, so I bet they are both good options.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 06:53 PM

The Due Torri, in the same general, but not exact, area you are considering has terraces. I don't know if they have quads, though. We did enjoy the small but adequate terrace there, and brought home lunch one day to eat there.