Reload this Page >

ROME: Pantheon Hotel or B&B Pantheon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:38 PM
Stephen Chappell

Has anyone had experiences at the Pantheon Hotel to relate? Also, we just found this amazing-looking B&amp;B which is located next to the Pantheon - all of the rooms have balconies overlooking the Pantheon and each has its own private bathroom:<BR><BR>&lt;a link&gt;http://www.romeby.com/pantheonview/index.html&lt;/a&gt;<BR><BR>Anyone ever stay there? We don't normally stay at B&amp;Bs, but this looks beautiful - and you can't beat the location. Look at the pics - multi-colored marble floors, ruins incorporated into the architecture, and that pic from the balcony ... wow.<BR><BR>We're also tempted by the Hotel Poroghesi, near the Piazza Navona.<BR><BR>Let me know!<BR><BR>Chapps

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:38 PM
Barb

I stayed at the Pantheon B&amp;B Sept. 2001. It does not exactly look like the pixs (they never do), but I did enjoy staying there. We had a large double room, which did not have a balcony, but had a rooftop view of the Pantheon. The location was just great, the room and bathroom were large and clean. It was like having our own little apt. in Rome because we really never saw anyone while we were there. Tried to stay there last Sept. but they were booked 8 months out. The price was very good too. If I stayed there again, I would book Room 1, which shares a balcony with the room next door, but are separated by plants, statues, etc. It's not as big as the room we had, but I think the balcony would be nice.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:07 AM
Larissa

Albergo Del Senato is another hotel option for you. My husband and I stayed there this past October and we had a balcony overlooking the Pantheon that was amazing. We also found the staff to be very helpful. Check out their website at: www.venere.it/roma/delsenato/

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:01 PM
Chapps

Larissa -<BR><BR>Did you find your room at the Senato to be noisy? I know that square can get *really* boisturous in the evening. Maybe you had double-paned glass? We've been seriously looking at the Senato and are trying to get a good rate.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Larissa

We did not find the square outside our hotel to be too noisy, actually I thought it was great to look down on the crowds and people watch. There may have been double pained glass because I don't remember hearing anything outside when the doors to the balcony were shut. I think our room was on the 6th floor - so perhaps the height made a difference too. I will also never forget our amazing view of the Pantheon. . .

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Chapps

Larissa -<BR><BR>After advice from you and other people who sent me emails, I went ahead and booked a room at the Albergo del Senato. I'm finally going to have my view of the Pantheon! I've wanted to wake up to that view since I was a little kid, obsessed with ancient Rome. I like modern Rome even better (can anyone say &quot;food&quot;??). Thanks!<BR><BR>Chapps