Search

Rome Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Hotel

I am planning a last minute trip to Rome from August 6 - 11 (I know bad time) I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the following hotels as I am having a hard time choosing:

Splendide Royal
Empire Palace
Exedra
Aleph a Boscolo
Palace (Boscolo)

Any advice would be appreciated. I am looking for a 4 star hotel in a good location as I am bringing my young step daughter with me.

Thanks
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 04:12 PM

We stayed at Santa Chiara last summer. Surprisingly it is only a three star. It was perfect in every way. It is next to the Pantheon, but not in the square so there is no noise. The rooms were very nice, the staff was wonderful. The price is amazing for the quality you get. We stayed at a four star two years ago near the Spanish Steps and it did not compare to Santa Chiara. I am about to book it again for Oct. There are many posts about this hotel so you might want to see what others have to say
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Is there area around the hotel quite safe? I am hoping to do some walking with my step-daughter. Is it close enough to the other tourist areas to walk. Thanks for any help/advice
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 05:54 PM

I think the area around the Pantheon is one of the best places to stay in Rome. It is very walkable to several of the major tourist sites like the Trevi Fountain and the Colosseum. It is also within easy walking distance to Piazza Navona, and the Spanish Steps.

Another hotel to look at in this area is the popular Albergo Del Senato, which is directly across from the Pantheon. It has gotten very good reviews on the forum and also on tripadvisor.com.

Good luck with your plans!
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 06:13 PM

The Santa Chiara or the Albergo del Senato near the Pantheon are both closer to most of the things that one would want to see in Rome and, because they are in an area that people frequent in the evening, safer than the Exedra, which, though said to be very luxurious, is on the Piazza della Reppublica, where there are relatively few people in the evening.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 06:16 PM

Sorry, make that Piazza della Repubblica.
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 08:16 AM

I don't know when you are going, but there will be some work being done on the Pantheon this summer and fall. It made me change my resevation from Del Senato.
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 10:12 AM

Last year I stayed at the Hotel Ponte Sisto by the Tiber River and Via Giulia. It is just around the corner from the Campo di Fiori and a quick walk from the Piazza Navona, and with in walking distance of Saint Peters. The neighborhood is safe, and the hotel is EXCELLENT!