Best hotel/location to stay in Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were to go back to Rome, what area would you look for a hotel in and can you mention any hotel names? My husband and I are planning a trip to Rome for one week in December and we want to just walk. Price of the hotel is not our biggest concern. We like a hotel that is in a convenient location and that has some good restaurants around it. Thanks!
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 07:10 AM

Most popular area in terms of convenience and location is the Centro Storico (historic center) and within that, the areas around the Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Campo dei Fiori.

For a moderate hotel, two very popular places here are the Albergo del Senato and the Santa Chiara. I loved the Santa Chiara but would certainly consider the del Senato in the future.

If you want to pay more for those and have more luxury, the Grand Hotel Minerve, across the street from the Santa Chiara and about three blocks from the Pantheon, is very nice indeed.
So is the Carriage, near the Spanish Steps, though ask there for one of their better rooms, some are smaller and/or have no view at all.

Then there are the luxury palaces like the Hassler, Eden, Russie, etc. The Russie's location is a little farther out.
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 07:14 AM

I went to Rome last year and stayed in the best hotel. It is named hotel Cosmopolitan. I don't know the exact address but I'll look for it. Anyway, they speak english, have elevators, the rooms are large and have queen mattresses. Also, the bathrooms were very nice. They came with a blowdryer etc. As if this hotel could not have gotten any better, they had electrical outlet converters to charge my cellphone and internet access. Check this hotel out, you will not be sorry and we only paid $120 a night.
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 07:22 AM

Hi
there's very little on the internet (via Google)that I could find on the Cosmopolitan, but I found one hotel by that name on Via S Eufemia, near the Roman Forum.
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 05:37 PM

Ok I found the address,
Hotel Cosmopolita
Via S.Eufemia, 5-00187 Roma
It is close to everything
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

I will check these out. Thanks so much for your help. K