ROME,FLORENCE,VENICE AND 4 WOMEN

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:39 AM
DIANE

ROME,FLORENCE,VENICE AND 4 WOMEN

FOUR OF US WILL BE GOING TO ITALY NEXT JUNE 13-26, TICKETS ARE BOUGHT. PLACES TO STAY ARE NEXT.<BR>CAN ANY OF YOU TELL US ABOUT THESE HOTELS? ROME, 5 DAYS RESIDENZA SAN PANTALEO, FLORENCE, 4 DAYS HOTEL CASCI AND VENICE, 4 DAYS . WE CAN SLEEP 4 TO A ROOM OR 2 TO A ROOM. HOW SOON DO WE HAVE TO BOOK. AS YOU CAN SEE WE ARE ON A BUDGET AND WOULD RATHER SPEND OUR MONEY ON SIGHTSEEING AND MEALS. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.<BR>DIANE

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:41 AM
DIANE

SORRY I FORGOT THE HOTEL IN VENICE, HOTEL GALLERIA.<BR>THANKS,<BR>DIANE

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:18 AM
Marilyn

The Casci is an excellent value and I think you'll enjoy it. Be sure to ask for a quiet room on the courtyard so you don't end up facing the street. M.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:36 AM
diane

marilyn,<BR>What did the rooms look like, did you like where the hotel was located? I've been to the web sight but I'd rather hear from someone who stayed there. Its our first time, thanks for answering.<BR>Diane

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:55 AM
Tess

Book your Venice hotel, the Hotel Galleria NOW ! It's a small hotel, only 10 rooms. A good value for the price, excellent location. I don't know if they have any quads. I think you'll be better off with 2 rooms.<BR>

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:47 AM
fti

Please do not write all your sentences in shrieking CAPITAL LETTERS.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 10:32 AM
diane

fti,<BR>I did not realize I had my caps on. If you read on you would have seen that I corrected the problem. If you did not have an answer to my questions why did you answer, just to be mean? Thanks to all of you who are willing to help us new ones.<BR>Diane

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 10:43 AM
diane

Tess,<BR>Did you stay at the Hotel Galleria? If so did you book on line or call?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Diane

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:08 AM
curious

Are you and your friends attractive? Be glad to meet up in Venice over that timespan!!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:15 AM
Paula

Diane,<BR>When in Florence, you must go to a restaurant called La Gioistra Club at Borga Pinti 10 Red Via Del Orivolo. The food is fantastic and the atmosphere lovely, but you will see what I mean about the real treat there!!!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:41 AM
Tess

Diane,<BR><BR>I stayed at the Hotel Galleria for couple days in Oct-2000. I booked on-line with them. I think you just send an email with your request. Their website is www.hotelgalleria.it. Do be aware they ask for a credit card to hold your reservation, however only accept payment in cash.<BR><BR>Their accommadations are simple. No elevator. Some rooms have a bathroom & a few others share a bathroom on the hallway --- and that shared bathroom was kept very clean & tidy. If you can't get reservations here, then I'd suggest you look into a convent (sorry, can't recall its' name) that's also supposed to be a good value for staying in Venice. I know I've seen the place discussed on this forum and did walk by the convent when I was in Venice.<BR>

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 12:14 PM
diane

Tess,<BR>I will e-mail them after I talk to the girls. We have an italy dinner once a month to talk over the trip and eat and drink. What was the view like? Did they have a room for 4 or only doubles? How many floors do we have to walk up if no elevator?<BR><BR>This is for Paula everyone wants to know what the treat is at the club, they have guessed everything from half naked men waiters to strippers, give us a clue.<BR>Thanks <BR>Diane

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 12:45 PM
Tess

Diane,<BR><BR>You get to see the whatever's traveling up/down the Grand Canal. If I recall correctly, I think it's only one flight of circular stairs. Also they do not have air-conditioning. I was there in October, and so that wasn't a problem. I don't think you'll need A/C in Venice during June, but I'll defer to others who've been there at that time of year.<BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:18 AM
diane

Tess, thanks for the infomation.<BR>Does anyone know the hotel casci ,or residenza san pantaleo?<BR>I can't thank-you guys enough.<BR>Diane

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:32 AM
topper

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:44 AM
Don't Answer

Please don't answer this post!!<BR>Since there are no spaces in the original post we all have to scroll to read all the messages on the page.<BR>LET IT DROP OUT OF SIGHT!!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:54 AM
Ann

Try visitorinitaly.com we had 5 of us, and it was cheaper to rent an apartment in rome and florence than a hotel. Plus it had more atmosphere. 3 night minimum is all you need, worked out to 115.00 per night plus kitchen, 2 bedrooms, patio etc.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:19 AM
me

another hotel possibility for Venice that has a room for 4, hotel flora. it's a delightful place. The casci is a great place. if you book now you should be able to get what you want.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:15 PM
Paula

Diane,<BR>The "extra treats" are the owner/chef's twin sons. Not only are they drop-dead gorgeous, but sweet as can be.<BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:21 PM
diane

Paula,<BR>The girls and I have it on our list of places to go.<BR>Thanks <BR>Diane