Hotel In Venice

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 08:06 PM
Mary Mead

Hotel In Venice

Have booked in Hotel Wildner in Venice. A recent traveler's review however rated it poor across the board, saying it simply terrible. Am a little concerned now about our booking,(and a little late to locate another hotel) can anyone else help out here?
much obliged.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 05:46 AM
Dayle

Hi Mary,

Try re-posting with the title "Hotel Wildener, Venice" & I think you 'll get more responses.

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 08:20 AM
Wayne

Pension Wildner is an old family-run hotel right on the big part of the Grand Canal (also called the lagoon). It is indeed a bit run-down, but it is certainly the best bargain for its location. If you don't have a waterfront room reserved, however, you might as well be in any of the other hundred or so hotels in Venice. One smaller hotel that I always recommend, in case you do want to change, is just behind the waterfront hotel of Savoia & Jolanda (which isn't far from Wildner). It's the Hotel Campiello, and their web site is www.hcampiello.it. They have A/C, by the way, which is desirable in Venice any season but winter. You might try them if you want to consider changing.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 04:00 PM
jim

Unfortunately the review is accurate. My wife and i stayed at the Wildner for three nights last month. Not only is it terrible but our matress (as we found out too late) was infested with bedbugs! Do what you have and book elsewhere.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Rita

We stayed in hotel Wildner for 4 nights in May and we just loved it. Yes, it does not has an elevator, and yes you we hade to walk to the 5th floor we asked for, but the view from our waterfront room was great. I do consider it a bargain for the location and the room itself: been to Europe not ones, 170.00 Euro seems to be a bargain for a room with queen bed, spacious bathroom with bigger than usually shower. Room also had a sofa, table with the chair, and did I mention that there where three windows with flower beds. It was very clean, no bugs in our bed, and the owners where friendly. It is not a luxury hotel, but for that you can go to Daniely, two doors down the street and pay accordingly.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Trent

My wife and I just stayed at La Residenza 1 week ago near San Marco for 150 Euros a night. It isn't much to look at on the outside but the interior has been completely refurbished. The room was great. New wood floors and the minibar in the room was the cheapest I have ever seen and had beer and coke amongst other things. They speak English and while they are not very outgoing, the owners are nice.