Venice hotel with balcony, canal

Oct 20th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Original Poster

Venice hotel with balcony, canal

Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel in Venice with a balcony and canal view for around 200 euro? I've searched the previous postings and found some hotels mentioned but usually without prices. We'll be there next September/October. Thanks.
Oct 20th, 2003, 10:20 PM
dln

A friend of mine stayed at this hotel and had nothing but praise for it: The Hotel Marconi, next to the Rialto Bridge. It's a small hotel of 20 rooms or so, three or four of which have views of the grand canal. It's in your price range, and you can google it to take a look.

Oct 20th, 2003, 10:30 PM

I haven't stayed there, but doing a search for a hotel in Venice, I came across some reviews on tripadvisor.com, about Hotel Lisbona, which does have balconied rooms with canal views at an affordable rate. So does the Europa&Regina, at premium rates.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ce_Veneto.html
Oct 20th, 2003, 11:18 PM

Hi

My wife and I went to Venice in June 2003 and we stayed at hotel Continental. We got a pretty big room with big windows facing the Canal Grande. I have posted a "review" of the hotel in my trip report which is posted on my personal homepage www.gardkarlsen.com. I have also posted some pictures of the hotel of course We paind about 150 € for the room per night.

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:36 PM

I have stayed at the Europa & Regina, in my opinion it is the best place to stay in Venice. I have stayed at other 5 star hotels there. I feel this is by far one of the best locations. We also had a room with a balcony looking over the canal. I don't remember the price, but I think it was reasonable compared to other hotels in Venice.I think the hotel was better priced than a meal in Venice!
Oct 21st, 2003, 12:51 PM

The Europa and Regina is a great hotel. Currently their prices start about $449 a night, but to guarantee a room with balcony and full canal view, you will probably need to go over $750 a night, just a tiny bit more than the $200 budget.

I was going to suggest Hotel Rialto, one of the few moderate priced hotels that would actually guarantee me a room with a balcony on the Grand Canal (rather than telling me it depended upon availability upon check-in as the Marconi did when I contacted them). But that is likely to be pushing $300 a night. Worth a try -- as it may be less in October than I've paid in the summer.
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for taking time to respond. I've started my list of possibilities and looked at some websites but haven't e-mailed the hotels yet.
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:37 PM

There is a new rave review today of the Hotel American, and balconies are mentioned. Scroll down on the left to find it.
The Hotel American has often been praised here.
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:52 PM

Surlock,
DLN is absolutely correct...we were very happy with Hotel Marconi!!
www.hotelmarconi.it.com
If you'd like to see a view....?

www.pbase.com/baileyzim/venice
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:54 PM

sorry,
www.hotelmarconi.it
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:50 PM

I just requested lots of rates for March (just before high season):

Hotel Antico Doge has rooms with balcony's, rate of about 250E

Hotel Ca' d'Oro has one room with a balcony at I think 180 E

Hotel Marconi was about 325 E, and I'm not even sure if that particular room had a balcony, but some of them do.

Ca' Le Vele (where we will be staying) has a huge suite with a terrace over the canal...150 E.

Be certain to check in with the hotel when they say "balcony." Ca' Le Vele states balcony's for every room and one with a terrace. The one with the "terrace" is the only one that has room for you to step out on to, sit, etc. ??? So the one with the terrace is what we booked.

You can find their website at veniceby.com.
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:52 PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I also looked into the Hotel Rialto - 450E for a large room with a balcony/terrace!!! For a 3*??? No way I'd pay that.
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:49 PM

do you need both? we had a very nice quiet canal view for 190euros at Hotel Ala in mid October. the room was small but stylish, the breakfast was really good, and the staff very helpful...we were very happy there...heard lots of gondoliers, but not to excess...
Oct 31st, 2003, 07:41 PM

Hotel Marconi......200 Euros in May....I'm sure that the rate is better in Sept/Oct.!!!
Yes, that is the room with the Canal view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But book ahead...just a few rooms in Marconi with views!!!
Also check out Hotel Pensione Wildner.....incredible views!!!
I'm staying there in a few weeks!! 130Euros.
www.veneziahotels.it
Oct 31st, 2003, 07:44 PM

Pensione Wildner
www.veneziahotels.com

sorry!!
Nov 1st, 2003, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the responses. I've e-mailed about twenty hotels asking if they have balconies. I've heard back from ten but the responses in some cases weren't definitive. So I've responded asking for more information. So far, Leon Bianco, Locanda San Barnaba, and Locanda Barbarigo have responded that they do not have balconies at least for our time period.

Mamma_Love, The terrace at Ca' Le Vele sounds great. I'll try veniceby.com. The Hotel Ala has a balcony room over the canal for 280 euros. Once I get information about which hotels have balconies, I'll post it for other readers.
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

Here's some Venice hotels that I've found with balconies overlooking canals for under 350 euro next October: Antica Locanda al Gambero, Ala, American, Antico Doge, Locanda Ca'le Vele, Lisbona and Olympia. I think the Marconi and C'd'Oro also have them. I've booked the terrace room at Locanda Ca' le Vele and would appreciate any feedback on the hotel. Thanks to everyone who responded.