Venice hotels

Old Feb 6th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice hotels

Looking to book hotels in venice and was wondering if anyone knew of:<BR><BR>Hotel Rialto<BR>Hotel do Pozzi<BR>Hotel Alessandra<BR><BR>None are listed on Fodors.com<BR><BR>Thanks!!
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:09 AM

I believe the Rialto &amp; definitely Do Pozzi have been mentioned by other posters here. Try doing a text searches- Hotel Rialto AND Venice- etc. Also try looking at tripadvisor.com
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 09:55 AM

yes, there have been previous praises here of the Rialto and the Do Pozzi.<BR>The Do Pozzi location is excellent and attached to it is a great restaurant<BR>Da Raffaele in which the hotel's guests may still get a discount.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 10:00 AM

Several of the past posts about the Rialto have been mine. It's a nice hotel, nothing great except for one thing. They are one of the only hotels I could find that would actually guarantee me a balcony room facing the grand canal. They only have a couple of them so to get one you have to book months ahead. But they will not tell you &quot;maybe&quot; only to have you disappointed that you can't get one when you arrive. We've stayed there twice, both times with guaranteed balcony rooms which made the place very special!
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 10:09 AM
CJB

Not on your list but we were in Venice last May and stayed at Locanda San Trovaso. A small (6 rooms?) hotel in a residential area in Dosodura on a side canal. It was quite, charming, clean and reasonably priced. If you stay there ask for the room at the top of the stair in the front - Great!