Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Accomodations for Venice for under 150 Euros

Jun 20th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Please let me know of your favorite accomodations in Venice we will be staying for 3 days and 2 nights in September. We prefer Apartments or B&B but would be open to a hotel as well.

Thanks
Jun 20th, 2007, 08:16 AM

Hello, I am planning to go to Venice in August and was looking for a hotel for my family. Went to a website called - venere.com. Read the reviews from others and picked a hotel called - Ca' del Brocchi. A double room cost 109 EUR. The reviews were great and seemed like a good location in Venice. Hope this helps.
Jun 20th, 2007, 08:54 AM
MaureenB

Venere.com is a very good website, but you can usually get a better rate if you book directly with the hotel we discovered last May.

Here are two hotels, taken from my trip report of last May, which I'd recommend for under 150 EUR:

1. Hotel Riva, at Ponte dell’Angelo. www.hotelriva.it

"We checked in and were happy to have a first floor room, since there’s no elevator. Our room was in the corner, looking over the intersection of two small canals. We were pleased with this room assignment, since we had requested such a position, but were thinking we’d only have it for the second two nights, not all three nights. So we were prepared to move after our first night, but we were fortunate it turned out to be unnecessary to change rooms.

Hotel Riva is a small one-star hotel, very quaint and charming. Its lobby is welcoming, and its breakfast room is appealing, with both rooms having windows looking directly out on a little canal where gondoliers glide by every few minutes. It couldn’t be a better location. The hotel is sparkling clean, with marble floors, wooden walls, and glass sconces. The bedspreads could be replaced, as they are a bit worn, but that’s a very minor thing to notice, given the wonderful canal views from the hotel and its overall charm.

Our room had an amazing view of the two canals, and the bridges that cross them. Singing gondoliers would use one of the canals, especially. So, from our room, we could hear them go by, singing “Ave Maria” and other Italian favorites. I would sit on my bed, open both corner windows, and watch the activities on two different canals and bridges. Despite the nearness of the canals and the people walking over the bridges and down the little street, the noise was not bothersome to us. The double windows and shutters close tightly, and the canal and foot traffic seemed to be minimal at night.

I highly recommend the Hotel Riva. Its location and price are unbeatable. We paid for a double room, which was just 130 EUR, including an extra 10 EUR for the canal view. We actually had a triple room, with one large bed comprised of two twins pushed together, plus another twin bed in a little alcove. Breakfast is included, which is simply a hard roll and jam, but also with very nice cappuccino. It was a perfect hotel for us."

2. Casa Rezzonico, Dorsoduro, Fondamenta Gherardini 2813, www.casarezzonico.it.

"It is in a quiet, out-of-the-way location, near a small campo, close to the Accademia. It has an attractive garden area in the center, which some rooms overlook, and where breakfast buffet is served. A good budget choice."
>-

Jun 20th, 2007, 08:55 AM

Hello,
I have never stayed there, but we have booked the Hotel Bernardi for September. Friends have suggested it as being "nothing fancy, but clean and in a good area". I believe we were quoted about 100 euros/night for a room with private bath.

Good luck!

-Beth
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:18 AM

This is our favorite B&B in Venice.
http://www.bbalessandra.com/index.php

Very clean, great hosts and a fabulous breakfast with a view.
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM

Although I have not stayed here I have booked for September. Great reviews on trip advisor, location is great and I paid only 72 euros per night and that includes a private bathroom. Al Campaniel,B&B San Polo. I booked directly online at [email protected]
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:43 AM
italy_traveller

Venice ? Sure you can get info on either B&B or other hotels all the way upto 5 stars at this place http://hotel-italy.blogspot.com . Check it out. There are many budget hotels but ultimately it is up to you to make sure that you choose one in a good neighborhood with all facilities. Cheers ! Have a nice time !

Jun 21st, 2007, 11:22 AM

bookmarking
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:04 AM

Our family just stayed at Ca del Brocchi's apartment a few weeks ago for 2 nights.. very nice and unbelievable for the $$ - 190Euro/night. We had two nice size bedrooms (1 Q and 2 Twins), two bathrooms (1 w/ shower, 1/ bath)and VERY large kitchen, living area (w/ rollaway twin), hallway and dining room. The apartment was down the street from ca del brocchi B&B -where we had bkft included each am. Breakfast was pretty good - hot baked rolls, jam, yogurt, variety of juices, and freshly made cappuccinos, hot choc, etc,,,

Apartment was not decorated as rooms on website - but rather more like updated Venetian apartment.. with Italian ambience.. tile floors, nice antique-like furnishing, etc.

There were no views of water from our apartment .. and one other drawback was no a/c. However, the ceiling fans were sufficient with open windows for cross-breeze for us in late June.

You can ck out location on website - but in Dorsoduro near Accademia and we really enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of the area and getting area from tourist hustle/bustle each evening. The traghetto is a 5 minute walk and will take you across to 5 minute walk to St Marks, etc.

Mgmt very friendly, helpful and allowed us to store luggage all day prior to leaving as our train didn't leave until 6pm.

Jul 6th, 2007, 10:07 AM

Trouble with posting??Trying again.