Search

Rome at Night

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome at Night

Hi all,

I am reaching rome FCO airport late at 11:30pm, my hotel is near the colessuem.
is it safe to travle that late by train/taxi?
How expensive is the taxi ride..
Any suggestions will be appreciated
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 12:44 PM
ira

Hi D,

The last train for Rome TE leaves FCO at 11:35 PM. I don;t think that you will make it.

A cab is about 50E.

Old Nov 6th, 2006, 01:04 PM

You can book Stephano at RomeCabs and he will meet you just outside of customs and drive you to your hotel for about 45 Euros for upt to 4 people and luggage.
[email protected]
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 04:59 PM

D-are you saying you don't think taxis are safe in Rome? Believe me, after I get through with dressing down every taxi driver in Rome that I utilize, day or night, they are pussycats-and you know what? The mayor of Rome, the very ambitious Walter Veltroni, is making sure that taxis do the right thing, and don't rip off the tourists-there is a number you can call to complain to the city if you believe you have been overcharged, however, generally speaking, they're a pretty good lot, and getting better, because the city is regulating them more.

I took cabs several times in September, and, after, like I said, telling them not to do the "fregatura" (rip-off) thing with me, them getting offended, me telling them to relax, it worked out just fine! (I speak Italian, so I can be as nasty as I wanna be!)

You'll have no problem with a taxi from FCO-it will run around 50-55 Euros. Enjoy.

They also do have a hotel shuttle service out of FCO-which is cheaper-but I don't have the particulars on it, you can get such information at the airport.
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 09:00 PM
IWS

I will second the advice to use Stephano at Rome Cabs. My family and I have just returned from Rome and we used them for pick up and return to airport as well as a day tour that we 'tailored' whilst there. Great value, very good service and they are excellent value. Ian