Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the best way to get from Rome to Hotel at airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As we have a early flight we are thinking about spending the night at Club Isola Sacra . Has anyone stayed there ? I am also wondering what rout of travel would be the best to get to the hotel . Yet another question(I hope no one is shaking their head..) What would a taxi cost from my hotel to the airport? It is about 3 miles

Thanks for helping!

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 04:27 PM

Abjs, we had a very bad experience with a taxi driver who cheated us in Rome. We were very lucky and had a wonderful taxi driver in Naples. We followed everybody's advice on the forum and only got into a taxi that was in the taxi queue, looked for the city logo on the side of the taxi(which was white). In retrospect we think it was a counterfit magnet in the image of the city seal because we later saw a taxi with one on it. I have never had problems with cabs in London either. The next time we go to Rome we will use a limo service to and from the airport. We used the Metro if we needed to meet for an early tour but otherwise we walked most of the time. Hopefully someone on the forum will advise you on a transfer service in Rome. I am sorry that I don't have one. We did have a transfer to the airport in Rome(we arrived in Rome by Eurostar)but I didn't make the arrangements and I don't have the name. If you don't get a name you can re-post and ask for car transfer services in Rome. That is what I am going to do the next time. Good Luck.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM

We stayed at the Isola Sacra 2 years ago. It's a basic hotel -- not bad for one night before you head home.

They have a shuttle service that will take you to the airport. If I remember correctly, it was included.

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
There are many limo services in Rome. I used www.limoservicerome.com with good results. There are several others that are a few euro cheaper.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for responding. we certainly will look out for the taxi services and right now I will look into the limo transportation. Thank you for your advice and experiences. I truly appreciate all of it.

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 05:58 AM

A second rec from me for limoservicerome. They will quote you a set price, and the uncertainty of whether or not you'll be ripped off by a cabbie is eliminated.

Buon Viaggio,
BC