Airport transfers in Rome...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to decide if I'm better off grabbing a taxi or using the limo service everyone talks about to take my fiancee and I to our hotel Guilio Cesare (Prati district).

Andrea from limoservicerome.com told me that it would be about 42 EURO. What do you think a cab would cost? Considerably less?

Does anyone know how far the Prati district is from the airport? Also...how far is the main train station from the Prati district?

Any nice maps of Rome online that show all of the districts and airport/train stations, etc?
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 01:27 PM

A cab would not cost considerably less, probably about the same. The limo service also probably has a cheaper rate to the airport than 42E. They want fares from the city to the airport. You can reserve the car to be at your hotel at a specific time.
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 01:31 PM

by350-

Andrea at limoservicerome is the best deal going....

They meet your plane and you are hassle free...AC mercedes with english speaking driver.

We used them and were so pleased that we have been telling all our friends who go over to Rome and they have been using them also...

It is much nicer to not have to go thru Customs, then que up in line for a Taxi after a nite on the plane....

Cost for taxi is not much less...and depending on traffic and time of day for travel will make that taxi meter go up....

Go with the limoservice....
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 02:31 PM

I have to heartily agree with andy..we've used limoservice rome several times and are always pleased! A taxi will be about the same price..and can be a lot more if caught in traffic..or you have a driver that can make every red light so wait time piles up...common occurence here where I live!

It's so nice to have someone carry your bags after a long flight and you can relax in the car and they carry your stuff into the hotel!

And hey are DEPENDABLE!

Go for it!
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 03:06 PM
dln

My parents just got back from Italy and Mother sent me a goody package of brochures and whatnot. One of which was the airport shuttle brochure. The website is www.airportshuttle.it and the price for door-to-door service to your hotel from FCO airport to Rome is 29.50 euros for 1 or 2 persons. The call center number is 06 42 01 45 07, and is open 24 hours daily and they speak Enlgish. My parents have found them reliable.

Old Jun 29th, 2003, 04:18 PM

I just returned from Italy andused limoservicerome- they charged 52E for 4 of us in mercedes van with A/c. Very prompt and reliable service. No funny stuff