Rome cabs why not Rome Shuttle Limo?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's so special about Rome cabs that most people recommend Stefano?

Rome Shuttle Limo is a lot cheaper EUR35 for up to 4. I've searched the board. A single negative post. Are people unaware of the company or those with bad experiences do not post their negative reviews?
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 09:34 AM

I used Rome Shuttle Limousine six times last month. They were always at the airport waiting, and the longest they were late in picking me up in Rome was 5 minutes.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 09:50 AM

I think that some people like Rome Cabs because Stefano is not only very prompt, courteous and professional, but also gives you his cell phone number before you ever depart for your trip (hence, peace of mind), as well as a mini-tour of the city on the way to your accomodations.

It's all just a matter of personal preference, really. There are plenty of driver services out there and some just prefer Stefano.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:31 PM

Stefano makes His service very personal. As Statia said, He gives You His cellphone number, gives You priceless insight and advice. He returned 5 emails I had sent before our trip and that made Me feel very secure He'd be there when We landed.

He used to be in the Restaurant business, aftter that stint this is a Pleasure for Him to do. We spent alot of time with Stefano. He wants to do more tours of Rome and Less driving. After watching the traffic in Rome, I can understand why. He told Us this little story I can't get out of My Head.
"Italian People are Wonderful. They'd do anything for You, give You the shirt off their back, but as soon as they get behind the wheel of a Automobile, they become Animals". I have to agree...
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 08:39 PM

Zizz,
Do you pay when you reserve with Rome Shuttle Limo or when they pick you up?
How much is it if you just take a regular cab?

thanks,
Dina
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 12:07 AM

We reserved online with Rome Shuttle Limo over a month ago for pick-up in Rome in July. We did not get an email confirmation, although website said you would. We called a week ago and were told "sure, sure, yes, yes" and that we were all set. I asked for an email confirmation with dates and times. "Sure, sure, yes, yes"! Nothing. We called again two days ago and were told they would send it immediately. Nothing, again. I called yesterday morning and the call went to a cell phone of someone who was driving in a car. He told me that he would be 15 minutes late. When I tried to tell him I wasn't waiting for a pick up and that I wanted a reservation confirmation, he told me to "stop talking and listen" and "I will be late". I hung up. Late yesterday, I emailed and once more requested an email confirmation. They have not yet replied. We will make other arrangements today.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 02:37 AM

How does someone know they are going to "be late" when the day hasn't even started yet unless they have scheduled something else to do as well?

Marianna, I think you made the right decision!
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 03:10 AM

We sent them a cancellation email just now. They seemed to be unreliable.

When I called them yesterday, it was about noon time their time. Apparently, the person who anwered was on his way to pick up someone who probably had been calling to find out where he was.

Old Jun 15th, 2006, 04:14 AM

I am curious - why not use the train to get into the city of Rome rather than a Limo. Isn't the train just as quick and less expensive?
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 04:23 AM

Dhoffman,

This is just a "wild" guess but maybe people don't want the hassle with lugagge etc.? Count me as part of that group!
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 04:28 AM

I'm sorry you had a bad time, Marianna. I have reserved with them, and got a confirmation email the next morning. I also had a query and Charlotta emailed me straight back.

dhoffman... The train is 10 euros per person, add on a taxi fare the other end, and if there are two of you, you have spent the best part of 35 euros. Why not travel in comfort and avoid walking a long distance through Termini dragging your bags?

Also as quite a few apartment rentals want cash on arrival, I would much prefer to withdraw the cash at the airport, get in a private car and be driven to the door of the apartment than risk the train and crossing Termini station itself, then pushing through all the people at the exit trying to get you into their cabs, jostling you, accosting you, maybe trying to pickpocket you too.

I'll stick with Rome Shuttle Limousine thank you.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 05:23 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
dhoffman - No, the train is not just as convenient and sometimes ends up costing more than a limo service. You can book Rome shuttle for 35E for 4 people. They will wait in the arrival hall for you holding a sign with your name on it. They will load your luggage and drop you at your hotel door.

The train costs 9.5E per person (4 people = 38E). You will have to drag your own luggage and head towards a ticket booth, stand in line to buy the tickets and then walk a long way to the boarding area. You might have to wait 30 minutes until the next train arrives and then drag your luggage onto a very crowded train. The train drops you at the Termini station in Rome (not your hotel) and then you have to drag your luggage to a taxi stand to get a taxi to your hotel. Prices can range from 10E for an honest taxi driver to 50E for one that isn't.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 03:02 AM

We emailed our hotel last night(Hotel Della Torre Argentina)to have them make pick-up arrangements for us. This morning, we have an email confirmation with price, date, time, location of pick-up, etc. That's the way it should be - prompt, informative reply.

Apparently, Rome Shuttle Limo just didn't want our business. They certainly came across to us as an unreliable company to deal with.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 04:04 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Marianna - Perhaps the responses ended up in your spam folder? What company is your hotel using?

I've used www.limoservicerome.com with good results - not to be confused with limo service(S)Rome which is a different company. They returned my e-mails promptly and even e-mailed the day before I left to advise me of the heat wave they were having (summer 2003). They are more expensive than Rome Shuttle but were cheaper for my group of six than train + taxi.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:04 AM

Bookmarking this page.