Taxi Rome : Thumbs up for rome cabs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2010, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to report an excellent service from a firm called rome cabs which I found by a trawl of older fodors posts.

We booked online to take us from our rental apartment in rome to the car rental pick up place at Ciampino airport. Did not have to give credit card details at all and there was part of online form which allowed one to put in any special details. Confirmation of booking came through via email almost immediately which you just had to click to accept.

Car arrived on time with very pleasant driver at a cost of 50 euros for three of us with quite a lot of luggage and took us straight to the correct part of airport complex to pick up rental car. Good service which I am flagging in case anyone else searching for good place to book a taxi in rome, Their website is www.romecabs.com
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 09:57 AM

We used them to pick up the 4 of us at the airport, prompt and enjoyable service.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used them too. Alitalia canceled our flight and when I called Rome Cabs from Schiphol, I accidentally gave them incorrect information about our late arrival. Yet they discovered my mistake and were there waiting for us when we finally got to FCO.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 01:04 PM

We used them earlier this year - prompt and professional service. Would (will) use them again!
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM

We used Rome Cabs, with the superstar Stefano, for a one day hightlight tour of Rome. It was wonderful. I got this recommendation from a friend who used him for cruise ship pickup.
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:06 AM

I've used them the last 4 trips to Rome and will be using them again next month. Always prompt (early for hotel pick-ups in my experience) and professional. They are my go-to company for airport/hotel transfers.
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
DAX

We did the same but called www.romeshuttlelimousine.com which charges 40 euros for their Benz pick up service. No credit card required to book and they picked us up inside the terminal carrying a sign with our name.
FYI, I was informed that 40 euros is the legal established price for airport transfer with taxis at the airport.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 07:34 PM

My family loves Stefano. We had a great Rome tour with him back in 2010 and we are planning to have a tour with him to Orvieto and Civita Di Bagnoreggio this June. Just wanting to let travelers out there to be aware that there is a jerk out there who is using Rome Cabs's name (plus "Rome-cabs" and "Rome Cab") to set up websites pretending he is the real Rome Cabs and Stefano. Per Rome Cabs owner Stefano, quite a few people have gotten stranded at cruise terminal or airport and got ripped off since they already paid for their transfers. Make sure that you know the one you are emailing with is the real Rome Cabs and Stefano. The link provided on Tripadvisor is of course correct but if you do web search, there are many websites popping up under Rome Cabs. Be aware!