Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Bordeaux and Sarlat

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Margo

I will be taking a tour in September with one week in Bordeaux and one week in Sarlat.<BR>Some of the meals are prescheduled but others are at my leasure. Suggestions, please, for restaurants/cafes near Hotel de la Presse in the heart of Bordeaux. What is this hotel like?<BR>Next, I'm staying a Hotel Renoir in Sarlat so need suggestions for eateries near there.<BR>I know that STCirq lives near there so perhaps she could recommend. Thanks

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 04:52 PM
xxxx

Don't miss La Tupina in Bordeaux -- THE classic Bordeaux restaurant. Check out this web site, for a review of La Tupina and other Bordeaux restaurants (cut and paste it in your address bar: http://www.francemagazine.org/articl...&article_id=30

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Margo

Thank you, xxxx, for the great website and restaurant suggestion. Mappy.com says that this restaurant is 1.3 miles for the hotel so definitely a possibility. <BR><BR>I could use some more suggestions, especially in Sarlat. Any small cafes or bistros?

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 07:28 AM
wendy

Margo,<BR><BR>The hotel Madeleine in Sarlat actually has a very nice restaurant, I'm still not over the mushroom truffle asparagus soup and the noix liquer after dinner drink...<BR><BR>Also in Sarlat,is a great little place called 'Rapiere' on the pl. Cathedrale...oak beamed ceilings and stone walls...decent wines and good food.<BR><BR>If you can get the chance and REALLY want to splurge, drive to Les Eyzies-de-Tayac, to the hotel Centenaire for a fantastic meal you can't forget! This is across the street and down from the Prehistory museum... a great stop for lunch or dinner if you go cave hopping.<BR><BR>I hope you can enjoy the morning weekend market in Sarlat!<BR><BR>Bon voyage and bon appetit!<BR>Wendy

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Michael

I have gone twice to the Auberge de Mirandol, 7 rue des Consuls in Sarlat, with a hiatus of two years, and was not disappointed either time. The 17 euro menu with the 2 euro supplement for fresh foie gras is what I would recommend. The dishes may be less cuisin&eacute;s than in fancier restaurants but it has a good choice of well prepared regional specialities.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Maribel

Margo,<BR>La Tupina in Bordeaux was just featured in the Dining In section of Wednesday''s NY Times. You might enjoy reading the favorable review.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 10:03 PM
Robert

We just ate at La Tupina in Bordeaux, it was touted as one of Bordeaux's best (In the City). It was a very charming place, and we enjoyed it, but was not what I would call gourmet. I would go again for the atmosphere, not the food.