Restaurants in Bologna

Search

Restaurants in Bologna

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2019, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants in Bologna

Hi, My husband and I will be spending one day in Bologna mid-June. I'd like a couple of suggestions for restaurants for lunch and dinner. Our hotel is near the city center and we will be walking around the city to see the sights. I don't want anything too expensive or fancy. I saw two suggested restaurants Ristorante da Cesari and Drogheria della Rossa. Has anyone eaten here? Since our arrival in the city is uncertain, I thought we would go to the Tourist Information office and see about available walking tours. Do you think this is a good idea? Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2019, 10:31 AM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
"Ristorante da Cesari and Drogheria della Rossa."

Liked both. Our experience at Drogheria della Rosa was unique, to say the least. Check out below (scroll past our Padua day trip to get to dinner). Da Cesari was also very good (check that out in Chapter Five if you like).

https://travelswithmaitaitom.com/cha...lating-padova/
Old May 22nd, 2019, 10:51 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We had a delicious dinner with nice atmosphere and good service at Ristorante da Cesari.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Tom, Great photos and write-up about Bologna. Now, I'm more excited to spend some time in Bologna. Drogheria da Rosa sounds like a place that will give us stories to share once we're back home. I'll try to get reservations. Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2019, 01:19 PM

Last week we had lunch at Della Rosa and dinner at de Cesari, both on Maitaitom’s recommendation and both were excellent! We really didn’t have a bad meal in Bologna over our 6 nights there, fabulous food town!
Old May 22nd, 2019, 02:05 PM

We ate at Da Gianni 6 years ago and enjoyed it, though I wouldn't mark it down as particularly memorable. I would not recommend Da Nello, the other restaurant we ate in. We had considered Cesari or Serghei but didn't end up there, which I regret, though I can't personally vouch for them. I would be seeking out restaurants in Parma, Modena, etc if I were to visit again.

On another note, if I only had one day in Bologna, I would do this:
https://www.bluone.com/bologna-marke...ing-class.html
It was one of my favorite days during all of our Italy trip and really made for a unique, fun, and delicious memory.

It is 6 years old, but my Italy trip report with time in Bologna (and a lively discussion by posters on Bologna restaurants) is here if it's helpful:
Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome

Have a great trip!
Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:55 PM

I can vouch for Serghei, but reservations are needed. Medium priced. Eleven tables. We ate there 3 nights in a row. Was a recommendation by a local. Sounds as if you have already made your mind up.

Hugh