Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Restaurant Recommendations - Capri and Positano

Aug 31st, 2007, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

A search of this forum has not yielded much info on this subject. Any recommendations for good moderately priced restaurants on Capri or in Positano?
Aug 31st, 2007, 11:53 AM
kja

Capri: Ristorante Buca Di Bacco (Via Longano, 35)

For more information, see my post of 21 June.

Hope that helps!
Aug 31st, 2007, 11:58 AM

In Positano: Tres Sorrelle (sp) which is right on the beach.
Aug 31st, 2007, 02:21 PM

In 04 we ate lunch at Da Vicenzo which is up the hill in Positano. We were sent to this place by an American we had met in a store. The outside table had pretty views of the sea and we were told just to let the owner order. We did and it was delicious. Lovely experience. It seems like we had a great pasta with fresh tomatoes. My notes don't say exactly.
Aug 31st, 2007, 06:22 PM

I asked the owner of a shop where she goes to eat and she steered me to Ristorante Da Gemma. It is a little hard to find but it is on Via Madre Serafin and has a marvelous view of the bay. The food was outstanding and I was the only tourist amongst many Italians and that is saying something for Capri which is filled with daytrippers. You can go to their website www.dagemma.com. Have fun and I am envious that you are going to Capri.
Aug 31st, 2007, 06:28 PM

Sorry but on their business card they have.com when it should be .it. Also their website is "under construction"
Aug 31st, 2007, 06:35 PM

There's been tons of recommendations for restaurants, so it surprises me that you haven't been able to pull them up! Anyway, I always recommend any one of the wonderful restaurants in Montepertuso, a small mountain village very close to Positano. Two we've tried and liked are: DONNA ROSA and IL RITROVO. The food was amazing, and the view from the large dining room windows at IL RITROVO was unforgettable. Many of these restaurants will arrange roundtrip transfers for guests staying in Positano, so ask your hotel to set this up.

In Positano, we have stayed and eaten at HOTEL POSEIDON, which has outstanding food. The views from the restaurant terrace are gorgeous. Just make sure you leave yourself time for a 3 hour lunch- at least!

In Capri, we really liked LO ZODIACO, which is down at the marina where the boats arrive. Excellent handmade pastas and great pizza for reasonable prices.
Sep 1st, 2007, 12:59 AM

Hi Boulder - Two I always return to are:

Da Costantino:
http://www.dacostantino.com/inglese.htm

La Tagliata:
http://www.latagliata.com/
- best lunchtime for views.

Hope this helps ...

Steve