Search

Rental Cars

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 03:56 PM
No-Columbus

Rental Cars

Hello: Wondering what the conventional (and unconventional) wisdom is concerning renting a car in Spain for a Madrid-beginning Alcieras-ending week. Coming from US. IS it recommended to arrange a rental before leaving US or wait until arrive in Madrid<BR>Thank you for your help

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Rex

The conventional wisdom is strongly in favor of arranging a car rental before you get to Europe - - for many people, www.autoeurope.com is the onlyplace you need to look. And they offer a no-penalty cancellation policy in case you get there and find a cheaper price on an unadvertised at-the-counter special (unlikely, but I have had it happen twice in about 30 rentals).<BR><BR>And comparison shopping is always a good idea on any purchase.<BR><BR>Here are some alternatives:<BR><BR>www.its-car-rentals.com<BR>www.kemwel.com<BR><BR>and<BR><BR>ww w.travelocity.com<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex Bickers<BR>Westerville, Ohio<BR>

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 04:05 PM
up

up<BR>

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 07:02 AM
cooter

Absolutely take care of the car and the insurance from the US. Rex gives the best URLs for the search. AutoEurope has been the best for me.<BR><BR>

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Barb

Arrange for a car thru ww.autoeurope.com - also make sure that you have a written confirmation specifying rental agency, location and reconfirm before you go...we had a three hour nightmare at Madrid's airport renting I almost came to blows with the rental agent who denied having our reservationb then said they didn't have the car size we wanted. Good luck!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Dorothy

Has anyone used Budget car rentals in Italy (reserved online)?

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Rex

Thanks for the kind remarks, "cooter".<BR>

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Heh,heh

Rex, give my best regards to your wife--heh,heh,heh

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 05:00 PM
John B.

Check out Avis, Hertz and the other large outfits on their web sites. Many of them have specials for some European countries.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Tom

There are some consolidators who use Budget, also known as Budget Maggiore in Italy.<BR>