Reload this Page >

England Rental Car

Search

England Rental Car

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Madison

England Rental Car

After a week in London we plan to rent a car for another week of out-of-city travel. Should we rent here in the U.S. before the trip or over there? In either case, are there any good bargins for making advanced arrangements?

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 09:01 AM
janis

You will save between 25% and 50% if you book the car from the states. Look for specials - all the airlines and rental companies run car rental "sales" from time to time.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Rex

I agree that you will likely save money with a rental pre-arranged before you leave the US for Europe. And any pre-arranged rental ought to extend to you a no-penalty cancellation policy, in case you find a cheaper unadvertised special once you get to Europe.<BR><BR>I advise these four most important sources for car rental shopping:<BR><BR>www.autoeurope.com<BR>www.its-cars-hotels.com<BR>www.kemwel.com<BR><BR>and<BR><BR>www .travelocity.com<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Love

I don't know how many people are in your party, but you could rent a baby Mercedes for between 5-10 BP per day at:<BR><BR>http://www.easycar.com/eng/<BR><BR>It's part of the www.Easyjet.com budget airline. A friend just reneted a car for a week, total cost 100 BP +/- few, around $150.00 and that's for everything. In London they have few offices, so if one doesn't have a car available for your week, you have to check the others yourself, but it's very quick and painless online reservation once they show availibility. They do require that you return the car washed, otherwise they charge you 10 BP.<BR>Good Luck!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 10:49 AM
JP

Notice that easyCar has a 75 mile per day limit for the base price.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:44 PM

top<BR>

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 05:59 PM
rand

I looked the easycar site also and noticed the milage costs.<BR>Next I hit viamichelin to determine approx milage from London to SouthWales to North Wales to Cotswalds to London.<BR>Some simple arithmetic later, I found that a Corsa from Autoeurope is far cheaper for us.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:25 PM
steve

I had good results from Alamo. Booked over the internet

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 01:48 AM
Jenny

A message I received at work yesterday, which may well be of use to some visitors....<BR><BR>Today the UK arm of car rental giant Budget has been placed into <BR>administration, following the collapse of its 11th September-hit US parent <BR>company.<BR><BR>While the troubles at the UK firm threaten seven sites around London, <BR>primarily at airports, 103 Budget franchises are not in administration.<BR><BR>These sites are as follows:<BR><BR>Heathrow<BR>Gatwick<BR>Stanstead<B R>Victoria<BR>Euston<BR>City of London<BR><BR>Alternative car hire:<BR>Kenning Sixt,and Arnold Clark are alternative national suppliers.<BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Cindy

We used Autoeurope (booked over the internet), and it couldn't have been easier or better. We picked up our car at Heathrow and returned it in Oban two weeks later. One thing to know is that they don't do rentals for under three days.