Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Thanks for great one way car rental advice.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:00 AM
amy

To all those who have posted about AutoEurope: Thank you!!! They are wonderful!! I checked out a price with Europe by Car and they were about $13 cheaper than AutoEurope. When I told AutoEurope about this they beat the price by $50!!! They are really helpful and I love the fact that we can change our pick up and drop off day/time (within the 5-7 day span) at the last minute with just a quick and free phone call to them.

I do not have any connection to this company, but as a first time customer I am really thrilled with the service and would love to recommend them.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:37 PM
Joe

If AutoEurope beat Europe by car by $50.00, then 1.either Europe by car got the wrong info from you or 2. They tried to exploit you.
AutoEurope does not beat prices by $50!! unless of a bogus quote.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:43 PM
Rex

I think it could have happened jsut as described. I have had AutoEurope beat their own quote - - with no obvious competing offer - - just because I requested a quote (but failed to make a reservation) - - then called back a few weeks later. They said "we're adding another 5% discount because we want your business".

I think that Autoeurope understands that their competition is not other car rental sources.

Their competition is the train or planes.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old May 2nd, 2002, 03:09 PM
Joe

Really Rex,
When it comes to car rentals, you have diarrhera of the mouth, recommending the virtues of AutoEurope. All one has to do, is see all of your positive posts about them. NOT ONE NEGATIVE ONE!in spite of many posts stating they were not tops.
I have never seen such obvious favoritism toward one car company. Makes one think if there is a monetary reason for this.
I have never seen such praises from more notable posters on this website such as BOB THE NAVIGATOR, or Elvira.
I really think you are losing your creditabilty. If anyone doubts this, do a search on AutoEurope.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:18 PM
xxx

Whatever medication there is for diarrhera of the mouth Joe just proved he needs a double dosage.