Prague Accomodation

Dec 19th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Prague Accomodation

I have just booked some flights to Prague for myself and my daughter (16) for E/Feb 07.

I am looking for accomodation that is clean/comfortable and not very expensive (CK2000-3000). But most of all safe.

I have looked at Brezina Pension.
Does anyone know this place?
Its about CK2000 for a twin which is ok for us. Or if there are other similar hotels/Pensions in the same range that you can recomended I would love to hear about them.
Thanks

Muck
Dec 19th, 2006, 01:59 PM

I liked 4*Hotel Roma very much (€75 double room) 3 weeks ago and I'm sure I will like 3* Residence Mala Strana (€45 single room) in the end of January. Both are located in Mala Strana district. Take a look at the following thread for more details.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34906885
Dec 20th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Original Poster

Great!! thanks Kappa that thread is the kind I searched for and missed.

I will study

Ciao

Muck
Dec 20th, 2006, 01:50 AM

If you ask Google for In Your Pocket Prague, then click on hotels and hostels, yiou will find a long amd good annotated list.

Ben Haines, London
[email protected]
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:05 AM

Definately try and stay in the Mala Strana area, much more pleasant than anywhere else IMO.Quieter also. We stayed at the U Zlute Boty Hotel and were very happy. Enjoy Prague, don't forget to ride those trams to the end of the line!
Schnauzer
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:29 AM

Yes, I really liked Mala Strana area. Will be my first choice of area to stay from now on.

I prefer looking for hotels by the area so venere.com is more convenient for me.
Dec 20th, 2006, 05:13 AM

I would like recomended web. site www.guideprague.com
There is a lot of hotels and also big discount.
Dec 20th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Good stuff !
Thanks to you all for your help.
Trawled through lots of hotels so many to choose from. I liked the look of the Roma too and location seems great.
So I booked the Roma using venere.com.
Rates pretty good.Thanks for the Venere tip.

I have been to Prague several times so have an idea of areas but never alone with my daughter so my view will be different this time.
The 'In Your Pocket Prague' tip is great too thanks Ben.

Thanks

Muck
Dec 20th, 2006, 06:18 AM

Muck, I hope you got a good rate at Roma. For my January trip, I checked it again but the rates then would be €180 (vs €75 I paid for a double 3 weeks ago) so I decided on Residence Mala Strana for that time.

Some people say to try to take Roma's inner room as the hotel faces the main tram street and can be noisy. I asked that on check in and got a very quiet room. But I could have taken a steet side room even if it's a bit noisy, for more open view. The hotel has 2 pc at the lobby for free internet access.

If you have specific questions about this hotel and the area, please post. Would be happy to answer.

Some places nearby where you can eat are : Cafe Savoy, Restaurant Olympia, tried both and found them good, especially Olympia was inexpensive. Others I did not try but heard good things were Bastill and Bagles, on the same street as the hotel and a few steps away. Those sure have thier share of tourist clientel but not heavily as those by the old town square. Most people I encountered on Prague speak English, especially the wait staff at cafe/rests spoke excellent English (possibly better than mine)and they were smiling and helpful too. Frankly that was a pleasant surprise. I don't this was the case last time I visited Prague about 7 years ago.
Dec 20th, 2006, 06:24 AM

For others who might be interested, we were in Prague for Thanksgiving and enjoyed our stay at the Bellagio Hotel in Josefov (Jewish Quarter) very much. Modern hotel in an older building; great location; quiet area; helpful staff; decent breakfast.
Dec 20th, 2006, 04:37 PM

My family loved Pension Dieztenhoffer in Mala Strana. It is in a very safe area (found Prague to be really safe) -and the Pension is very quaint and the owners were very accomodating. They'll arrange pick up from the airport for a fee We had a family room and it was so spacious. The breakfast was great and since we're vegetarian they always prepared a nice cheese platter for us in the morning. They do have a website. I learned about it on Fodors years ago when we 4 years ago.