Pompeii left luggage

Jun 11th, 2007, 11:45 AM
TYP
Original Poster

Pompeii left luggage

We are travelling from rome to sorrento and were going to leave rome early in the morning to get to naples train station and then make the connection to pompeii scavi. However we will have our suitcases with us. Will pompeii scavi have a secure left luggage were we can drop off our cases and leave them safely until we're finished our tour? Anyone know the cost for this service?
Jun 11th, 2007, 11:50 AM

All reports have there being one at the entrance to Pompeii but not in the train station.

Safe? i would use any such facility but never leave anything really valuable in it though these things are probably safer left there than carried in your day pack
Jun 12th, 2007, 12:51 AM

Hi TYP - The luggage store at Pompeii is a free service.

I've had no problem using this facility, but like PalenQ I wouldn't leave any valuables, of course.

Steve
Jun 12th, 2007, 03:27 AM

Hi

Here's the official website - http://tinyurl.com/f4p5f
Jun 12th, 2007, 09:03 AM
TYP
Original Poster

do you think that maybe I'm mad doing the pompeii thing on the way to sorrento?Maybe we should take one of our days in sorrento and do that without having our suitcases with us. The service doesn't really mention large cases! I'd hate for my case to go missing or be rifled through. ALso are you not allowed ANY bags into pompeii? It reads like they would prefer you didn't have any.
Jun 12th, 2007, 09:34 AM

If you leave early enough from Roma you will have quite a while to spend in Pompeii. We had to change our itinerary due to bad weather and managed to see Herculaneum and Pompeii in one day.

I remember seeing people with luggage at the Pompeii entrance. Yours won't be the first or only suitcases they've held for travelers. Just tip them nicely so they'll continue the service.

I took my small daypack in with us, no problem. Bring water. It's hot and no shade.