Search

Park Hyatt - Vendome, Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 02:32 PM
lkj
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Hyatt - Vendome, Paris

Has anyone stayed at the the new Park Hyatt-Vendome in Paris? What did you think as far as location, decor, quality of the rooms, etc. Any info. would be helpful. Thank-you!
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:20 AM
lkj
Original Poster

No one has seen, stayed, or eaten here??? Any info. would be helpful--thanks!
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:07 PM

Didn't stay there... stayed a few blocks down the street at the Intercontinental. Hyatt is in a great and convenient location, a few blocks from the Tuillerie Gardens and Angelina's (their hot chocolate is to die for). I would imagine the quality of the hotel and the rooms would have to correspond with the upscale area. The outside of the hotel looked lovely. It's any easy walk to the Louvre and there's a short cut across Tuillerie Gardens to St. Germaine. The Opera House was wakable and so was Notre Dame.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:59 AM

I was here last September...I thought it was fantastic. <BR><BR>They are using a Rodin sculpture/figure of a man as their logo, which they went a bit overboard putting it on everything from the door and window handles, to the towel racks to the drawer pulls...rooms are done in deep mahogany and very modern, with rich luxurious fabrics in warm tones of yellows and golds, bathrooms are done in beige marble and although not very spacious, they lacked for nothing! Beds are perfect...soft egyptian cotton, thick mattress pad, chocolate and champagne each night for a turn down service.<BR><BR>One would never know from the street level, that behind the doors is such an interesting and upscale hotel... the atrium for breakfast is covered with a greenhouse type of glass ceiling and the staff are very chic with headsets....
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 06:01 AM
lkj
Original Poster

Thanks Wendy Lyn, I appreciate the information. Do you know if all rooms face or have partial view of Place Vendome or do back rooms overlook a park of some sort??? Thanks.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 10:41 AM

Hmmm, the room we had overlooked the glass ceiling in the atrium on a courtyard, but I am sure there are rooms that face the street, and you can look right and see the Vendome statue.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:47 AM
stephanie_p

I have had friends stay at this hotel. Young, hip and fashionable, but cold. Like a chain, but more boutique style. Their room overlooked the street (none with views over the Place Vendome because it is not pointing in that direction).<BR><BR>They will not be staying there again, but prefer smaller, intimate places in more livelier areas.<BR><BR>It did have a fireplace with a log fire, but it wasn't warm.