Search

Paris Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotels

Bonjour:
Looking for a new place to stay in Paris. Have been there twice and want to find a nice new place to stay. New to us. Trying to keep the cost down, but we tend to be in the range of $220 and under per room. My mother and I like to be near the Place de Concorde and the Rue de Rivoli area. We have seen a few places that are pretty nice on the internet, but nothing that really peaks my interest. Would take any suggestions and give them a look. Would love to have first hand recommendations and prices too if possible. I realize everyone has different tastes, but that is why I am soliciting on this board. I have always found great advice here and want to try you all again. All input on your Paris favorites is welcome and give a little pitch for them too. Also, if any have websites, please supply that info as well. Thank you so much in advance! Merci!
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 02:28 PM

Therese Hotel on Rue Therese - go for bigger room at 160euro. Stylish rooms with pleasant young staff. Very quiet street with plenty of restaurants nearby, fairly close to Rue Rivoli.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 07:33 AM

My wife and I have been to Paris twice in the last 3 years and have enjoyed:
1)Hotel Pas de Calais
2)Le Sainte Beauve
Both have web sites, are near Metro stop and are in the 6th. Check them out.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:51 AM

A friend of mine really likes Hotel de la Place du Louvre. I did a search, but didn't find a website for it, only brokers.

It looks to be a great location, supposedly some great views, behind the Louvre, 21 rue des Pretres-St-Germain-l'Auxerrois, across from the church of the same name, just steps from the Seine. Tel: 0142.33.78.68
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:07 AM

LVSue, it sounds like you're describing Relais du Louvre. Their website is www.relaisdulouvre.com. We've stayed there and can recommend it....great location and very helpful staff.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:20 AM

Judy, how funny! The Relais du Louvre must be right next door because it is definitely Hotel de la Place du Louvre that my friend likes at 21 rue des P-SG-A. It is listed in Fodor's Hotels of Character and Charm in Paris, as is the Relais (across the page from one another). It looks as if the Relais is a bit pricier, but still in MyBelle's price range.

I did find a website (sort of) for Place du Louvre: http://www.123france.com/europe/fran...s/hoplouus.htm
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:40 AM

Judy, regarding Hotel Le Relais du Louvre, I checked their website and the hotel looks really nice, central.

This is a very trivial question but I'm curious about their bathroom. Is there a wall-mounted shower? Or only one of those hand-held showers that are awkward for some people to use-like myself especially.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:44 AM

You budget is noce and high. Are you real fussy? Have you considered the Britannique or Caron de Beaumarchais? They are small and quaint but not luxury. If you go in the summer the Britannique does not have a/c. I loved the Britannique. Small, quaint, friendly and perfect location near the Chatelet metro station. For charm there is also the Hotel de l'Odeon in St Germain and the more modern Axial Beaubourg near the Marais. Perhaps you can take a deluxe room in one of these little gems.

http://www.hotel-britannique.fr/ (near Les Halles, Hotel de Ville)

http://www.carondebeaumarchais.com/ (Marais)

http://www.axialbeaubourg.com/ (Marais)

http://www.paris-hotel-odeon.com/ (St Germain)

Enjoy.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:10 PM

Francophile03, the showers are hand held, the kind you can hook to the wall mount...but with the funky 1/2 plexiglass shower door on the bathtub. Nice marble bathrooms. We usually request the double room on the ground floor which opens to a courtyard and then we do not have to wait for the teeny elevator for the upper floors. We've stayed there four or five times and will do so again, I'm sure.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the information, Judy. Relais du Louvre sounds really nice. I've read that the rooms tend to be small and there is no space for a breakfast room but the service is very personal and the hotel is very charming-that's excellent. :'(
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:02 PM

Sorry, I meant
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 10:07 AM

Don't know how much it would cost, but the rooms and experience at Hotel De Crillon was fabulous! Hope you have fun! It was a great location and we had a wonderful breakfast every morning as well. Good luck with your search!
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 10:21 AM

Hi
In my experience (in my dreams, actually, I haven't stayed there) Hotel de Crillon would be unlikely to have anything in your price range. $220 normally doesn't usually pay for half a room (well,maybe just, under special circumstances).

It's been a few years, but in the past I enjoyed my stay at two small hotels on Rue St Roch, fabulous location. Nearest metro is Tuileries, but it's only another 5 minute walk to Concorde.
Check current prices at hotels
Louvre St Romain, and Louvre Montana.LM is 12 rue St Roch, LSR is 5-7 rue St Roch across the street.
Last time at St Romain the decor was nothing to write home about, but rooms were clean and pleasant enough.
Last time I checked the Louvre Montana was a member of Comfort Inns, which doesn't really mean much except you might reach them through a general website.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 10:29 AM

I like to use the public transportation in Paris (when it is not on strike). We recently stayed at the Castex in the Marais. It has been recently remodeled with elevator and ac. Double (twin) was 120. The number 69 bus goes right to the Louvre and on to Rue Cler and the Eiffel tower area. Also stops at musee d'orsay. Very nice helpful staff.
c

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 11:54 AM
LN

bonjour:

My favorite hotel is in the st Germaine area and is the Hotel Madison. I believe that it is in your price range and is truly a lovely hotel.

We have stayed in the 7th and the hotel was fine but the room was quite small. Next we stayed in the Latin quarter and I felt like I was far away from everything. Then a french friend recommended the Madison and we learned what he was saying. It's a very nice hotel, much more what Americans are looking for.

It has an internet site: www.hotel-madison.com. take a look at it.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:44 PM

I did not find staying in the Latin Qtr. to be out of the way. Just my opinion...
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 04:13 PM
LN

Sorry Francophile - didn't mean to offend you but when we stayed way out on Rue Monge it seemed like we had a looooong trek to anywhere!!

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 05:49 PM

Oh, ok, I see what you mean. I stayed at the Abbatial St. Germain on Blvd. St. Germain in the 5th. It's location was between the Seine and St. Germain des Pres so it was very central.