Search

Paris Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel

After a week in Paris(thanks to many Fodorites) we are going to Normandy for 3 nights. We are returning to Paris and would like a nice hotel that hasa shuttle or is convenient to CDG forone night stay and the next day departure. There are three of us in our party and I would like to keep the price under 350.00 dollars if possible.
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 02:10 PM

I know of no hotels that operate their own airport shuttles. There are various shuttle companies who can be reserved in advance, or you can possibly take the Air France coach that has limited pickup points in Paris.

What time is your flight out? If not terribly early, you might consider spending your last night in Paris rather than at the airport.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...s-373383-2.cfm

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...s-180477-2.cfm

http://videocdn.airfrance.com/cars-a.../index_en.html
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 02:20 PM

The most convenient hotels for a CdG departure are at the airport itself. Many chain hotels ring CdG.

I have stayed at Ibis Roissy, an efficient, economical and entirely characterless place, connected by frequent free shuttles to Terminal 2. A double starts at 54 euros, cheaper than in the city centre. See it at www.ibishotel.com

There is also an Ibis a little nearer the terminals. Others on the Ibis site are closer to the convention facilities than to the airport.

Accor, the giant operator of Ibis, runs other CdG hotels at various price levels; see www.accorhotels.com

The village of Roissy, the formal home of CdG, has little to offer aside from hotels. Those hotels often include restaurants that are no bargain compared to simple bistros in cental Paris
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Did you search the forum, "CDG Hotel" brings up some threads to assist you.

Looking for a hotel at CDG with RER or CDGVAL access

is one such thread.
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 07:18 PM

We've stayed at the Marriot at CDG and enjoyed it. Last summer we stayed at the Millenium and while it was okay for 1 night I'd not use it again. Shuttles start at 5:30 AM IIRC.

As mentioned there is an Ibis at the RER near T3 and a Sheraton attached to T2.

Priceline can often get you a 'name your own price' hotel at CDG in the 100 dollar range. Check http://www.biddingfortravel.com and http://betterbidding.com for hotel lists and bidding strategies.

Rob
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 03:55 AM

I know of no hotels that operate their own airport shuttles.

- - I meant, a hotel within Paris, not the ones at CDG...
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 08:46 AM

I was going to say, I stayed at a hotel that had an airport shuttle, the Hilton near CDG. BUt I don't think anyone else does, because the most likely suspects (Meridien) are right at the Air France airport bus stopping points, they worked that out. So I suppose they do, in a way, but it's not free.
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for your help! I have researched a little more on the this site following your recommendations and realize now that "Shuttle" service is not as big a deal as I thought - for 3 of us I think we will find what we like and just take a taxi to the airport and enjoy our last night! I really liked the looks of Hotel Belfast.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Note to Christina: The Accor hotels have a joint shuttle that serves all their hotels at or near CdG at frequent intervals.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM

Yeah, I really meant that I didn't know of any hotels outside the CDG area that had their own shuttles, meaning in Paris proper. I know lots of hotels out at CDG do.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 01:57 PM

If you are leaving the next day (morning?), it might make sense to have a hotel near CDG for quick transfer to CDG departure day (and sleep in a bit longer, breakfast).

Check-in day before, take RER to city for some touring and dinner.

I stayed at the Sofitel CDG, very nice.