Early AM Flight out of CDG

Dec 15th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Early AM Flight out of CDG

We are scheduled to depart CDG at 6:45 AM to FRA then to the US on Lufthansa leaving from Terminal 1.

I assume we need to be at Terminal 1 by 4:45 AM to check-in. If we stay at a CDG hotel the night before, do the shuttles run from the airport hotel to Terminal 1 that early (this would be a Sunday morning)?
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Hi Ludlow,

You will make your flight with plenty of time to spare if you leave central Paris at 4:45 AM. You should be at the airport by 5:15 latest, far earlier than required to meet Lufthansa's 40 min check in deadline at CDG. This link provides details:
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...9806&cid=18002

Depending on where in Paris you're staying, I would feel comfortable leaving at 5:00 or even 5:15. This is especially valid on a Sunday morning.

Just book a cab at the front desk of your hotel the night before.

Hope this helps,
Andre
Dec 15th, 2007, 10:01 AM

Meant to add:

If you want to stay at CDG anyway because you're just passing through Paris and don't want to go into the city, I would choose a hotel located within walking distance of a station on the automated CDGVAL shuttle train line that runs 24/7 between terminal areas. I hate having to rely on an early-morning shuttle bus that may be late or overcrowded.

In descending price order, these hotels would be:
- Sheraton CDG
- Hilton CDG (probably your best choice)
- Novotel Paris CDG Terminal
- Ibis Paris CDG Terminal
Beware: there are other CDG-area hotels that are also part of the Novotel and Ibis chains, so make sure to book those specific hotels!

Hope this helps,
Andre
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:02 PM

The CDG Hilton shuttle runs very early. You can ask for even earlier times. I believe it starts @ 5:00. The breakfast buffet is very interesting and good. There was a group of Japanese students when I was there last. I never saw so much ketchup being used. They had bowls of it on their plates. Is that a trend in Japan?

The Sheraton is very nice too especially if you are coming off the train.
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM

If you want an economy hotel at CDG, the Etap Hotel Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2 is a good choice. (It's one step below Ibis in the Accor chain.) Rates are €41 single, €44 double. It's also close to the CDGVAL.
Dec 16th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. We will have a rental car which we plan on dropping of at CDG the evening pror to our departure so the information on on-site CDG hotels is most valuable.
I wasn't sure what time the shuttles start running and how to get from the hotel to the shutle to Term. 1.