Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help!! Need hotel near CDG airport and near RER/train into Paris . . .

Jan 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Hello:
We are arriving at Charles De Gaulle airport around 11:30 am from the US, and have an early flight out the following day to Israel.

We want to stay at the airport (around $150/night), and take the RER/metro into Paris for several hours then take the RER/metro back to the hotel.

We know Paris quite well and will be staying there for several days on our return, but have never stayed at CDG.

Any hotel recommendations for a hotel both near the airport and near the RER/metro???

Thanks in advance,
Carol
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM

the sheraton is right there.. but i doubt in your price range unless you win it on pricleine.com

if you bid 5 star on priceline you will most likely get hilton or sheraton. both would work.
Jan 6th, 2008, 02:39 PM

Hi Carol,

At that price point, the Novotel at Roissypôle is your best bet:
http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fiche...he_hotel.shtml

Otherwise perhaps the Hilton, which is directly adjacent, has a special on the date you need.

Both properties are right at the CDG 1 RER station and are connected to the airport terminals by an automated light rail line.

Hope this helps,
Andre
Jan 6th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your reply. I'm leaning towards the Novotel, but I will check Priceline and see if I can do better.

Carol
Jan 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM

The Accor chain has many hotels around CDG in varying price ranges. Go to www.accorhotels.com and enter Roissy as your destination. You'll get a long list of hotels, some very close to CDG and others a bit farther away.

The ones closest to CDG are accesible by the CDGVAL automated driverless shuttle train. The order of the following list is from most expensive to most economical.

Novotel Paris CDG Terminal
Mercure Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle
Suitehotel CDG Paris Nord 2
Suitehotel Paris Roissy CDG
Ibis Paris Aeroport Charles de Gaulle/Terminal

Further downscale are the budget Etap and Formule 1 hotels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO