palazzo sant angelo in venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just returned from 10 days in Italy.someone wanted to know about this hotel.It was beautiful.Easy to get to,the water bus stops 30 feet away,right on the grand canal.Our room was huge and beautiful.the bathroom was immense!Breakfast was excellent,also.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM

Poysine, please elaborate. I am looking at a jr. suite for $390/night w/bkfst in September. What kind of room did you have? Any views? What was bar/restaurant like? What was served at breakfast?
We are debating between this and a jr. suite at Hotel Londra (with view) which is almost double in the price and really, really stretching our budget!
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:46 PM

You may want to check out the Savoia y Jolanda if the Palazzo Sant Angelo doesn't work out. It's about two doors down from the Londra Palace and I think it may be a little less expensive.

We've stayed there twice and are returning (in September as well). They have very nice rooms overlooking the lagoon, a few are jr. suites. The view is spectacular.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Wow, GattoBaci. I just checked out tripadvisor and Savoia y Jolanda got hammered: "Awful" "Rip Off" "After 3 years I am still furious" "Do not stay here." I am surprised you would put it in the same category as Palazzo Sant Angelo or Londra.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 07:35 PM

Actually I think most all the hotels along the waterfront (the Riva degli Schiavone) are hugely overpriced rip-offs, as well as having very attitudinal staff (the one exception being the Luna Hotel Baglione-really great staff whose front desk greet you even when you are just wandering around the hotel-that's always a good sign-magnificent breakfast room there as well).

I'd definitely aim to stay at some of the magnficent hotels/pensione that Venice has AWAY from San Marco. There are so many-there is no place in all of Italy, I think, that has the full price range of interesting, beautiful, romantic, historic accomodations like Venice-you just have to do your research, and read the reviews.
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 08:53 AM

There are lots of good reviews on trip advisor as well for the Savoia & Jolanda.

Regardless, we have stayed there three times, have had exceptionally professional service, love our room and look forward to our visit this September.

I believe whether it's overpriced and a rip-off is purely a matter of personal option as we think the view alone from our private balcony is worth every penny.

Are there other great hotels in Venice? Yes of course.

Old Jun 30th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

I was away last week at a weding,so this is my first chance to answer.The room was huge,we had a large double bed which was actually 2 beds and a sofa that could be a bed.the bathroom was marble with a jacuzzi tub and was huge.The service was great.when they turned down the beds we got a mint and the next days weather report!Breakfast had lots of items...coffee any way you like,juices, champagne,eggs,cheeses,cold meats and bacon and sausages,fruits,yogurts,cereals,rolls and croissants and other pastries.There was a bar with a view of the grand canal as well as a sitting room with a view.our room only had a view of a smaller canal,but i think many rooms overlooked the grand canal.hope this helps.