one night hotel in Nice

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:51 PM
tim

one night hotel in Nice

any one have any rec's or stories ?

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 06:23 AM
jj

I usually use Nice as an arrival and departure point for both Provence and Tuscany and therefore don't spend more than a day or two there. I have stayed at three different hotels there and I will list them in order of preferrence.<BR>La Perouse<BR>Park Hotel (Bocolo?)<BR>Golden Tulip-(Ashton?)<BR><BR>Sorry for the spelling as I guess I use my limited memory space to remember various events, not hotel names. All the above were good choices for me with a particular emphasis on the first two.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:25 AM
Connie

We stayed at the La Perouse in June and it was wonderful. They have a lovely garden full of lemon trees, a great view of the sea and the food id excellent. Must absolutely recommend.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:30 AM
Judy

Dear jj, We stayed at a wonderful, small hotel in Nice in May. Le Grimaldi is a gem! Not on the waterfront, but we walked everywhere and adored the breakfast in the hotel meeting the other guests. The owner has a beautiful sense of style and taste in the furnishings and artwork.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:15 PM
Wendy

I highly recommend The Westminster on Promenade des Anglais. Ask for a sea view room, which should run between $225-275 per night depending on the season. The rooms are large by any hotel standard, and although not particularly well decorated, offer firm mattresses and good bathrooms. The sea view rooms all come with small balconies. We've stayed there many times and enjoyed the very central location and hospitality of the front desk. Good luck!

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 02:20 PM
John H

Tim,<BR><BR>I'm another fan of Le Grimaldi. Wonderful hosts, nice rooms (we got a superior double), good value for money and great location for shopping, and accessing the old town and the waterfront.<BR><BR>John H

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 04:09 PM
Book Chick

Hi Tim, <BR>I can vouch for the Hotel Flots d'Azur at 101 Promenade des Anglais. Their web site is www.flotsdazur.com Excellent rooms, (but not elaborate), wonderful location, and a very helpful staff, fluent in English.<BR><BR>The place next door, The Hotel Eden at 99 bis Promenade des Anglais was also very good. No web site for them, but I believe the ph# is 04.93.86.53.70 and the fax# is 04.93.97.67.97. I've stayed there when I couldn't get into the Hotel Flots d'Azur. Terrific service, great view.<BR><BR>Bon Voyage!<BR>BC