Hotel in Nice?

Jun 12th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Hotel in Nice?

We are going to be in Nice in early October as part of our trip to Provence. Any recommendations for a well located, clean, but not too pricey hotel? We were hoping to find something in the 80-120 euro range this time of year.
Jun 12th, 2007, 08:23 AM

Hi, I have a reservation at the Rex Hotel in Nice. I have not stayed there before, but I booked it based on the recommendations on tripadvisor.com. Check it out and see what you think. We are paying 60E/night....and hoping for the best!

Jun 12th, 2007, 09:15 AM

We stayed in the Golden Tulip a few years ago. It was a 4* with decent sized rooms, centrally located and not too pricey. Look on laterooms.com
Jun 12th, 2007, 09:22 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Gounod and liked the location. They also have parking right by the hotel. It's about two blocks from the waterfront.
Jun 12th, 2007, 09:26 AM

We just got back from Nice and stayed at the Mercure Promenade des Anglaises. The room was not luxury but a great location, was clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly. They also double glaze the terrace doors/windows so the room is also very quite. I would go back.
Jun 12th, 2007, 11:06 AM

Not expensive at all the Nouvel Hotel in 19 bis Blv Victor Hugo.wwwnovel-hotel.com
Jun 12th, 2007, 11:06 AM

nouvel-hotel.com
Jun 12th, 2007, 11:19 AM
MaureenB

Last May we stayed at the Hotel le Grimaldi, in Nice. it is quite nice, and not expensive. Very good optional breakfast buffet available.

Here are my notes: "Our Hotel le Grimaldi (http://www.le-grimaldi.com/) was a short cab ride from the train station, 10 EUR for myself, my daughter, my gargantuan bag, and her two small ones. We were greeted graciously at the hotel, which immediately struck us as a good find.

The hotel is actually two Belle Epoque buildings back-to-back. One side is much prettier to enter, as it faces a nice church. The other side is fine, too, but a bit boring. I think the side on rue Grimaldi is the plain one, and the other side on rue Maccarani is prettier.

The man at the front desk carried my bag to the room, and showed us around. There’s a business center on the ground floor, with free internet use on their two computers, and a free printer to use. (Also wi-fi in the lobby, I think for a fee.)

Our room was a ‘classic’, twin-bedded room, which was quite large (for Europe), had a little balcony, a sparkling yellow and white tile bath with fluffy bright yellow towels, and nice toiletries. It was 150 EUR plus tax, and 10 EUR per person if we opted for the hot/cold breakfast buffet. They suggested we check out the buffet served till 10:30a.m. the next morning, and if we were interested we could sign on for it. The deal is that you have to buy it everyday to get the 10 EUR rate. Otherwise, per day, it’s 15 EUR per person.

So the next morning, we were happy to find hot eggs, proscuitto, yoghurts, cereals, cappuccino, assorted croissants, juices, etc. We thought it a good deal and quite convenient, so we enjoyed it each morning.

It's an easy walk to the train station (w/o luggage) from Le Grimaldi, and a slightly longer walk to the bus station. Easy walk of a few blocks to the grand promenade at seaside, just past the pedestrian zone. Also not far walking to Vieux Nice. The neighborhood felt perfectly safe, and we walked back to the hotel late each night. "
>-

Jun 12th, 2007, 11:23 AM

We are hopefully(if our passports make it) staying at La Suisse next week. It costs more than that in summer but maybe not so much in fall. The reviews look good.I wondered if anyone knows about parking in Nice. Our hotel does not have parking.
Jun 12th, 2007, 01:03 PM

The Hôtel Suisse is quite close to the large underground lot beneath the Cours Saléya. You would pay about 22 Euros for 24 hours, unless the hotel has a special deal. Nice parking is expensive, although there are some free lots in various locales. But I don't remember anything close to your hotel.