Need more info on Hotel San Carlo Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary with a trip to Italy. We have booked room #77 in the San Carlo Hotel based on previous postings on this board. However, the rooms pictured on San Carlo's website seem to be rather bland and small.
We are not looking for glamorous surroundings, just something pretty, charming, quiet, larger than a walk-in closet, clean, good air conditioning (we are going early in August) - a comfortatble home for the time we will be there.
If anyone has first-hand experience with this room, we would greatly appreciate feedback/impressions.
Thanks!
Cheryl
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 08:21 AM

Topping because we too have room 77 booked in June & would like some recent feedback!
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

ttp
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 03:16 PM

My husband and I just spent our second anniversary in Italy and stayed at Hotel San Carlo. We were in room (71?) - the newest section of the hotel. The rooms were great!! Huge showers and all marble bathrooms. Very nice bedding with light sensored rooms - very modern. I wasn't too fond of the 4 flights of stairs that you had to climb, but our room was well worth it. Just ask if you are in the new section of the hotel - if so, your room should be just like ours. I wish I had taken pictures of it. Also, this hotel is in an excellent location - right near the Spanish steps and an easy to walk to all the sights.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:21 PM
awbaker

There is a greåt trip report on slowtrav.com by Mizz Eve, and she stayed in two rooms at San Carlo. I hope she doesn't mind that I directed you to her report...http://www.slowtrav.com/tr/TripReport.asp?tripid=97

Old Jun 1st, 2004, 08:12 PM

Miss Eve's trip report is awesome.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 11:30 AM

We just returned and stayed in the San Carlo Annex. It was very nice and we will return. We especially liked the annex since it gave it more of a apartment feel to it. The room was clean quiet and had an amazing wood beam ceiling that seemed a few hundred years old!

The standard double rooms are apparently in the Annex.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:12 PM

I'm happy that you enjoyed my trip report. It was fun to write and even better to live