Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel San Francesco in Rome- has anybody stayed here?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 11:51 AM
mel

We are looking for a hotel up to $200/night in the Trastevere district for 2 nights. This is our 2nd trip to Rome so we wanted to stay in a more authentic, less touristy, yet still centrally located area; and the Trastevere seemed to fit the bill. I ran across Hotel San Francesco http://www.hotelsanfrancesco.net/index.html and it seems wonderful. Anybody have any experience with this hotel?? If not, then I think we are going to shoot for the Due Torri, and hope that they still have room. (They currently do.)

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:49 PM
topper

ttt

Old Feb 19th, 2003, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I stayed at this fantastic hotel for a week in january,excellent location in Trastevere,an area of Rome that not only exude romance but authenticity.Having stayed at different hotel in Rome in the last 5 years the San Francesco is the best by far because of its excellent value versus the quality of the room and breakfast wich is served in a room facing a interior garden of a real cloister.<BR>Your host Daniele and his staff make everything to make you feel welcomed and at home.<BR>The room [#306] has a very large and bright bathroom very well decorated.<BR>Highly recommended. Moopys from Montreal<BR>
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 04:43 PM

Has anyone else stayed at Hotel San Francesco recently? If so, can you give please share your experience? It does look nice on the web site and I am considering booking this hotel for our honeymoon in Italy later this year. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 08:03 PM

Has anyone else stayed at Hotel San Francesco besides moopy? If so, please comment about the hotel.

How is Trastevere, the neighborhood of Hotel San Francesco? Is it much more nicer than the other popular tourist areas?

Thanks!!!
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:34 AM

TTT
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 11:13 PM
lekker

I tried to post a reply a time ago - without success - I'll try again!

Yes, we stayed at Hotel San Fransesco twice - the last time was March 2003! It is a wonderful Hotel - in the heart of Trastevere - but a bit off the noisy streets - still within walking distance from shops, restaurants and trattorias. Also within walking distance from the river - where there is plent ways of public transport to catch. We also used to walk to Piazza Navonna, Piazza Campo Dei Fiori etc.

The best is - it is so lively at night, with lots of locals eating out - and you are only a few minutes from your hotel.

The Hotel is super! Very clean - upgraded about 3 years ago. The staff is friendly and helpful - at reception, they speak English well. And the Buffet breakfast is to die for - in the most beautifull breakfast room, with a view on the courtyard garden of the church.

No doubt - I will always return to this Hotel, and recommend it!

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:40 AM

we stayed at the hotel francesco in cosenza 2 years ago and it is one of the finest hotels that we stayed in our 3 week tour of Italy!!!!
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:50 AM

Lfdang, thanks, but this post is about the San Francesco in Rome.