Rome: Hotel Aberdeen or Hotel Parlamento

Oct 25th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Rome: Hotel Aberdeen or Hotel Parlamento

Hi everyone,
Any opinions on which would be a better choice for my Honeymoon?

Thanks a bunch
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:53 AM

I can only tell you that I have friends who recently stayed at the Parlamento, and they liked it very much. I don't think that helps much though.
Have you checked tripadvisor.com?
Oct 25th, 2005, 10:32 AM

I am not familiar with the Alberdeen at all ,however, i know the Parlamento quite well, I stayed there quite often.The Hotel is located on the top floor of an ancient building, the location is Super, but is a family type place, not fancy at all.
However, if you decide to stay there, i suggest that you ask for room 104 or 106, cant remember which one is better;these rooms are located on the terrace.
Oct 25th, 2005, 11:05 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Aberdeen in October 2004 and really enjoyed my stay. It appeared that they had just finished remodeling most if not all the rooms at the hotel. All the furniture in my room appeared fairly new.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though they spoke perfect English they were always willing to help me practice my Italian.

I was by myself for part of the time and I felt very safe walking in the area by myself at night. It's about a 15 minute walk from my favorite gelato shop, San Crispino and 20 minutes from the Trevi Fountain.

While the hotel is only 2 blocks off of Via Nazionale, it was very quiet at night.
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:40 PM

I love the Hotel Aberdeen but somehow do not see it as a "honeymoon" hotel? What can you spend for lodging in
Rome and when is the honeymoon? Give us some more information and we will try and help you. I go to Rome everyweek for work and take lots of honeymooners over -the Aberdeen and the Parlamento have never been mentioned by any of the honeymooners.
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Unfortunately, we don't have a huge budget for hotels stays... And the crummy thing is that we both work at Hiltons in the states but it is really hard to get rooms internationally. We are going to Rome, Venice, and Paris for 15 total days in December...
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:42 PM
LJ

The Hotel Aberdeen is just fine for a honeymoon where you want to sepnd time finding romantic things to do OUTSIDE the hotel. It is not, in itself, a romantic place...but clean, safe (near the police headquarters) and well managed with helpful staff.
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:15 PM

Are you sure about having narrowed it down to those two hotels.
Have you considered the popular Pensione Panda, or the San Carlo? Both have great locations, and some charm, from what I've read.
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:23 PM

The staff alone is well worth a stay at the Aberdeen. The "cousins" that run the place go out of their way to help you travel all over Rome and the environs with the best directions( we saved alot of money this way). The rooms are all renovated and the area is perfect for getting around Rome both on foot and using public transportation.For the price which is fabulous-pick the Aberdeen!