Hotel San Carlo room 59

Search

Hotel San Carlo room 59

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel San Carlo room 59

I am able to reserve this room for my honeymoon in September and have heard good things. Has anyone stayed here and what makes this room so special. They said it does have a private terrace , but does anyone know if it is actually large enough to sit on. Would love to hear if anyone has stayed here and any comments you may have. It is between the San Carlo , Aldrovandi Palace , Mozart or Del Senato. Opinions welcome??

jf
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 05:18 AM

I've not seen the room itself, but I have seen the terrace (I've stayed at the Hotel San Carlo twice this year), and the terrace is most definitely large enough to sit on. The reason I know is that when I walked past it and looked up, there was a gentleman sitting on the terrace reading a newspaper. It looked like there was plenty of room for his wife or companion to join him comfortably.

Buon Viaggio,
BC
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 06:52 AM

I stayed there in May. The terrace off of your room is a small contained area abour 4ft by 3 ft. There is a door off the hall area that allows you to enter a community terrace that is quite large and rarely used. If it were me I would choose the annex and stay in one of the rooms numbered in the 70's. They are newer, larger, and the annex has a elevator. We spent 1 night in the main hotel abd were moved the 2nd night to the annex and were very pleased. We thoroughly enjoyed the San Carlo and the wonderful staff.We would not hesitate to go back..
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

they said they reserve 59 for honeymooners.. what is the difference in the annex..
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 06:01 AM
ss

I was just at the San Carlo 3 wks ago. Here's the way the hotel is at this time. The main hotel has a nice lobby, super location on a pedestrian only street. The elevator in the main hotel does not work so people have to climb 4 flts to get to breakfast or their rooms. The annex is across the small street, around the corner (not far) and next to a restaurant. There's a nice wooden door where you ring the bell, somehow they know to let you in(I couldn't find a camera)then your'e in a tight, narrow hall & you insert your room key to get in the next door. Then you get to the very small elevator. We took the elevator to the top then had to go up a flight of stairs. HOWEVER - the next flight takes you up metal,winding,tight staircase. so at this point you're climbing 2 flts of stairs. I did not go up there. I was on the 4th floor,I think room 75, overlooking a quiet street with a balcony about 2' wide and 5' long.We never stayed out there for more than 1 minute, too hot and no place to sit. I do not know what makes room 59 special. Take note that the view from the terrace will probably just be other bldgs, hotels, etc.
I have not stayed nor seen the others you mentioned, but loved the San Carlo location - Very safe, lovely street surrounded with the best shops and 2 blks from the bottom of the Spanish steps and the metro which takes you everyplace. I saw some rooms on the top floors of the main hotel which were extremely nice, but WOULD not climb 4-5 flts of stairs.
Hope that helps.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Intrepid

If you want feedback about the Aldrovandi Palace (and decide not to stay at the others) I can give it to you.

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 07:49 AM

ss - please tell me more about the rooms at the main hotel as I have a single with terrace booked for my upcoming visit.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you I would like info of Aldrovandi Palace. I do still have a reservation there and I have not cancelled yet.