side trip to lopud Island
4night Hvar
2nights split
2nights Zadar
2nights Plitvicka National Park
2nights Zagreb
How does that sound!!!
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:05 PM

That sounds really great! Zadar is very small, but 2 days will give you time to really enjoy what is a town on the rebound in so many ways. Some dislike Split because it is not an obvious "jewel" like these other places, but Diocletian's Palace is one of the most amazing places I have ever seen, and there are other special places in Split like Marjan hill area, and day trip options like Trogir. You won't be sorry to have 2 nights in Plitvice--it is truly magic. Zagreb is totally underrated, it is such a friendly city and it's nice to see a different side of Croatia from the coast. And what more can be said about Dubrovnik. You are in for an amazing trip!
Apr 12th, 2007, 12:12 PM

And I nearly forgot Hvar. If you are not there in July or August, all that "jetset" stuff you read is bunk. It is just a pleasant town. Stari Grad has some sites of historical interest as well, the majority of the rest of the island offers nature. Check out the interactive map at
http://www.hvar.hr/Default.aspx?tabid=320 for ideas to fill your time there--or just relax on a beach or in a cafe the whole time, neither option will disappoint.
Apr 12th, 2007, 01:01 PM

how are we supposed to know where your itinerary is for from the title. wouldn't it be easier to give people a hint? You might also get more help.
Apr 15th, 2007, 05:26 AM

jlynn,
Your itinery seems great but 2 nites in Zadar is aquite a while. I suggest you stop off at Krka National Park on route. It's half way between Zadar and Split. The waterfalls are fantastic.

Good Luck!
Ivana
www.holidaybubbles.co.uk
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:04 AM

this sounds exactly like the trip we took last summer, but in reverse. remember-- the ferry from dubrovnik to hvar is oddly spotty.. only goes on certain days. that threw us into a tizzy and we ended up having to go back up to split to get a ferry on the date we needed. plan around those dates. the trip sounds wonderful. we loved the b&b we stayed in at plitvice( 30 minutes outside) which i posted the details on somewhere else on the boards. honestly...everyone who sees pictures of the b&b thinks THAT was plitvice park! loved riding a motorbike around hvar and stopping at the beaches and seeing its interior landscape. we missed the trip to montenegro... amazingly, with 5 nights in dubrovnik, we felt too rushed and didn't go! next time.
-k. & j. sebastopol, ca.