Mr Kerouac

Mar 4th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Mr Kerouac

Are you recomend staying 1 or 2 day visiting Strasbourg from Paris ? Any good 2-3 star hotel what can you recomend for me, please, thanks
Mar 4th, 2017, 12:59 PM

It depends on how long your total trip lasts. Two days would be good if you have that much time in your budget.

Frankly, I like to save money, so I would recommend either the Ibis or the Ibis Styles next to the train station (or even the Ibis Budget if you really need to be careful with your budget). They are quite close to the center, and if you do not like to walk much, there is a tram station right there that will take you to the other parts of the city. The day pass for municipal transportation is very cheap.
Mar 4th, 2017, 01:18 PM

I stayed in that IBIS by the Strasbourg train station - regular Ibis and I'd say it's about like a Holiday Inn -nice.

I enjoyed trekking out to the new EU installations a bit out of the center -you can take boats there from the center too - nice modern architecture.
Mar 4th, 2017, 01:59 PM

We stayed at the Ibis by the station once, excellent location, and it was an excellent deal. But the next time the prices were much higher (I mostly use booking.com) so we opted for the Best Western Monopole Metropole nearby, same price but classier hotel (and next door to an amazing patisserie!). If use the filtering system on booking.com you can find hotels in the same price bracket.
Strasbourg is lovely.
Mar 4th, 2017, 02:03 PM

I've stayed twice at the Hotel Suisse right by the cathedral.
Mar 4th, 2017, 02:40 PM

I stayed at Hannong. I stayed there because all other hotels were full, and I could not reach my hotel because these bloody french had not put winter tyres on my car in november.
Hotel was great, I would go back there with my wife - a criterion for me. I paid too much despite having a hue discount.
Mar 5th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Mr. Kerouac
Mar 5th, 2017, 09:04 AM

Bon.
Next time we know we must stay away.
Fans will only listen to mr Kerouac.
Mar 5th, 2017, 09:04 AM

The Hannong is a good location for walking to about anything to sightsee, sort of midway between train station and cathedral. The train station is certainly walkable to things, but a bit farther for cathedral area (eg, about 1.5 km to Palais Rohan).
Mar 5th, 2017, 10:49 AM

Thank you WoinParis and Mr. Kerouac. Bookmarking this.
Mar 5th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

The Hannong is not available, sold out on my date, thanks anyway
Mar 5th, 2017, 01:21 PM

Woin I love your criteria. I know I'm a lot pickier than my husband so I appreciate when you add that you would take your wife to a certain hotel.