Mid-Priced Paris Hotels

Search

Mid-Priced Paris Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mid-Priced Paris Hotels

Please help!! I've been searching for a mid-priced (185 Euros) hotel in Paris and I can't decide. I've been on Trip Advisor but any hotel I find in this range has such mixed reviews that it makes me nervous. I'd like something that has air-conditioning, is centrally located to most Paris attractions and has Queen or King size beds.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 09:43 AM

HAve you done a search here? There are regularly, almost daily suggestions for hotels wqell witinh that price range.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM

Don't panic...there are a number of hotels referenced in these threads which are less than E185. They are well located, and vetted by fodorites who often repeat there. Check the paris threads...

But here is another idea...E185 at today's rates is around $290 dollars.

Using Priceline.com, you should be able to get a 4* or 5* hotel for ONE HALF of that price in dollars.

Go to biddingfortravel.com and look down in the France line, and check the Paris hotels that people are getting for between $110 and $140! I am sure you would be happy with them, and though they may lack "local character" they will have great beds, a/c and top quality service.

Or rent an apartment...or stay at an aparthotel like Citadines...they are all WELL within the range you mention. Ne vous inquietez pas! You will have a great time in a nice place if you do your homework. Rouss
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 11:14 AM

Hotel St Jacques is often recommended, and you could afford a deluxe double room:

http://www.hotel-saintjacques.com/
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 11:20 AM

Forgot to say, this hotel doesn't have air conditioning.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 11:46 AM

The hotel St Jacques doesn't have AC, which is a requirement by the OP (and I would require it also at that price).

I'll admit I don't stay in hotels like that so have no personal experience, depending what you mean by "centrally located". I don't know about the queen beds, either. But the Hotel Dauphine in St Germain suits your criteria, I think and they have rates in that range, espec with some of the special deals on their website
http://www.dauphine-st-germain.com

You often have to inquire about the size of the beds, thing, it doesn't say on there that I can see.

I have stayed at the Hotel Muguet in the 7th and know they do have queen beds and should have rooms in that price range and they are convenient enough to public transportation so getting to attractions is no real problem.

The HOtels Pantheon and Grands Hommes have the same owners, and I would probably choose them if I wanted to stay in that area as I like that location near the Pantheon. They also have a variety of special rates on their website to sift through, some are in that range.

The Esprit de France group has anice selection of mid-range hotels, I often stay in one. The Mansart should be in that price range, as well as the Saints Peres and Parc St Severin, all very central and nice. Now, that website does not seem to mention AC that I can see, but that is bad marketing, as I know at least several of those hotels do have it (eg, the Parc St Severin, Mansart, I know the Aiglon does, etc). I don't know about the bed thing.

Maybe you can get a queen, but demanding a king-size bed is going to be difficult. If you find one, it almost certainly will not be a real king-size bed, just two twins pushed together.

The Hotel Therese could be a good choice for what you want, on the right bank
http://www.hoteltherese.com/

You'll have to do the review critiques, I think every hotel I named is considered acceptable and should have mostly good reviews.
http://www.hoteldesgrandshommes.com
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 03:37 PM

I would strongly recommend Hotel Le Regent, 61 Rue Dauphine in the 6eme. Just down the street from the Hotel Dauphine.

I'm not sure about their current prices, but I only have nice things to say about our stay there.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 04:54 PM

we stayed at the claude bernard and had a good experience tho others have not been entirely happy. it has an elevator, nice rooms, helpful staff and great location. its also air conditioned which might be important depending on the time of year.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM

I can also recommend the Hotel Muguet which has queen beds and air conditioning. I have also liked the Hotel Londres Eiffel for location and the Eiffel Tower view but the room at the Muguet was a bit larger. Both were recently refurbished. That said my favorite hotel in Paris is the Relais Bosquet. Beds are large and comfortable, excellent bathrooms, rooms more spacious than the other two and staff are excellent. I like staying in the 7th because it has more of a residential feel but is still within easy reach of all attractions. There are also lots of restaurants within walking distance and you can stroll to the Eiffel Tower after dinner. Bon chance.
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 01:53 AM
ira

Hi C,

We always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. From 128E dbl w/bkfst. It is located near 3 metro stops. Has AC and an elevator.

Their largest dbl is 161E. I think that that comes with a queen bed, but check with the hotel.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
[email protected]
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search this forum" box.

Photos are at http://tinyurl.com/ludgd

Enjoy your visit.

Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:03 AM

A second to the Hotel Dauphine St Germain, but wow! prices sure have changed since 2000 when we stayed there for about $85/room (we needed 2 rooms for kids). The location was fabulous. Very quiet, good AC, and wonderful breakfast. In 06 I stayed near the Louvre and much-preferred the St. Germain location. We booked through parischarminghotels.net.