Search

Paris hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris hotels?

Going to Paris in may, Trying to find nice, reasonable($130-$200) 3-4 star hotel. We are looking at the Hotel Majestic, Hotel Normandy, and the Chambiges Elysee. Any reviews or better suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 04:30 AM

Go to www.france.com - check out hotels and reviews
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 05:04 AM

If you type in "Paris hotels" in the "Text Search" box above, you will get many, many suggestions.

I guess you're looking for a double room. Personally I'd check for a hotel in the St. Germain district for the charm and central location. A few good hotels are Danube, Millesime, Le Regent.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 05:25 AM

There are literally hundreds of hotels in Paris in your price range, and everyone has a favorite. One of the best websites is ParisHotels.com for you to search. I have two favorites in your bracket: The Libertel Bellechasse just down the street from the Musee d'Orsay, and the Hotel La Perle in the 6th Arrondissement. Good luck.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 10:21 AM

I don't know anything about those particular hotels (what is the last one, really?). Aside from france.com, there are reviews on www.paris.org/Hotels you can check out.

Your price range fits hundreds of hotels, so it would be hard for someone to suggest anything in particular. The Majestic certainly looks like enough but looks quite over your budget unless you are getting a deal. They seem to be same owners as Raphael and I know a lot of people like it. If you want to be around Arc area, I've heard the Francois Premier is a first-class hotel over there that has reasonable rates and people like it -- it has good summer deals. Here's one URL
http://www.123france.com/europe/fran...s/hofr-pus.htm

Your choices may be fine, however.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 10:25 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Location Location...

In my limited Paris experiences, the neighborhood you choose is much more important than which particular hotel. Check out the various arrondisements and their personalities (for example, Latin Quarter/5th, lively, crowded, lots of shops and cafes, near Notre Dam, Louvre). Paris is a HUGE city and you -probably- don't want to get stuck was on the outskirts even if the hotel is the greatest.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 10:49 AM

I suggest either the Le Sainte Beauve or the Hotel Pas des Calais. Both are right off Avenue St Germaine and on nice side streets with lots of restaurants, etc and a Metro stop nearby. Both are 3-4 Stars. Check them out on web.