Paris - which hotels in the 6th?*

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone for their replies to my arrondisement question! Very helpful. I can now ask my next question.

Which hotels do you recommend in the 6th, preferably around St. Germain Blvd? I usually see questions back to posters asking specific questions as to what they are looking for. Well, I have the answers to help out...

I'd love a 3 star, but on the cheaper end of the category, elevator, A/C, TV (2 kids with me they can absorb some French that way), near the boulangeries, bien sur!, markets areas, souvenirs, etc. Parisien feel, NON-contemporary decor - Provencal prints anyone? Rooms large enough to be able to breathe for a week. Yes, I know this isn't the USA and the rooms will be smaller than I'm used to - just not closet size - 3 people and 3 suitcases for a week!

Of course, if there is an apartment rental that fits the bill, I would also consider that. A washer and dryer would be so nice after 2 weeks in Switzerland and Austria! Somehow I think I would rather be in a hotel and say hi to the people behind the desk. Thoughts?

Merci en advance!
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Any comments on the hotel de Fleurie?
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 07:21 AM

I'm looking for a recent thread about our favorite hotels in the 6th. I'll try to top it for you. I would suggest you keep watching for a thread to come to the top about it.
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 07:28 AM

this is what you're looking for. Also, go to www.tripadvisor.com to get other reviews. As you might guess, people are recommending the hotels they list here so it's up to you to make the final decision based on what you read on tripadvisor, other forums and by what you see on the hotel's website.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34673431
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 09:23 AM

Try the Ste-Beauve, near the Luxembourg Gardens and amid cafés and shops.
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the thread, Sandi_travelnut. I do always look for advice from Tripadvosor...it was my favorite site until I found this forum, and where I found the Hotel de Fleuri. it is always nice to get a personal recommendation as well.

And Underhill - I'll check it out. Merci!