Mamma Mia Theater

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Rita Bryant

Mamma Mia Theater

Is the 3rd row TOO CLOSE at the Prince Edward Theater?? Thanks!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Patrick

It is a bit close for a musical, and you may get a little cramped looking up, but we did it from the fourth row once and thought it was great. Next time we were in the first row of the mezzanine (royal circle) which was a little better. But if your other choices are way back or extreme sides, I'd definitely take the third row.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Leslie

I sat in the first row, directly behind the musical director in November. I didn't mind being close, and it is not awkward, as you're really not looking up, however, there are a couple of scenes where dry ice is used, so if you wear contact lenses or your eyes are sensitive to dry ice, move further back. The benefit to being close is that when the audience starts to get up to join in the fun, there aren't a lot of people blocking your view if you're sitting down.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Lori

Rita,<BR>Not for this show. We've seen it twice in London and we've sat in both the second row and 3rd, it was fine. Some shows it is horrible tho, avoid the first row or two at Lion King (Lyceum Theater).

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:55 AM
janis

actually the best seats are probably in row L (it might be M - I need to look at the seating plan to be sure) The first twelve rows of the Prince Edward are one solid bank of seats -- really LONG rows. Then at row L (or like I said perhaps it is M) there is a wide aisle across the entire auditorium. From there back the seats are divided by two aisles to the back of the stalls.<BR><BR>So sitting on the row at this cross aisle gives you about 6 feet of leg room and there is no way anyone can block your view even partially. And when you get up to dance (EVERYBODY does) you will not be bumping into the seats around you and can really enjoy yourselves.<BR><BR>But if you already have 3rd row seats - they are fine. Ther orchestra pit and two rows will be between you and the stage so you won't feel too close. As mentioned above - the vapors might be a problem tho'

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Lori

topping for Rita, seems like she has asked this questions twice.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 02:12 PM
xxx

actually Rita has started two threads and tacked her question onto two others so she has now asked it 4 times.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Amy

This thread is awesome! Thanks for the advice--this isn't my original post but I wanted to take my daughter to see this show and was wondering the same thing. I just bought the tickets on line at ticketmaster.uk--thanks a million!