london marriott hotels

Search

london marriott hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
london marriott hotels

would love some info regarding a few london marriott hotels as i get a friends and family rate there.
the london grosvenor square...... location seems great. near hyde park not far from westminister

renaissance st pancras.....iskington area......is it too far away from tourist areas and things we would want ot visit?........pictures look beautiful.....i think it was recently refurbished....

marriott park lane near hyde park.........
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM

You want either Park Lane or Grosvenor Square - both very central - and you can walk to a number of sights. You do not want Islington - and I would avoid Renaissance if possible.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 10:48 AM

We stayed at County Hall and loved the location. It wasn't 'relaxing' per se, like being next to a park, but what I liked ?

- fun seeing Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament lit up each night. I never tire of that sight.
- fun walking along the Thames and seeing all the people, the buskers, the human statues, etc. out
- convenient to Westminister tube, Embankment tube, as well as Waterloo station (connect to Hampton Court Palace)
- easy to walk to Southbank Centre for dinner, snacks, etc.

I also thought the hotel and personnel were great. I would stay there again.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

nytraveler........... why no to renaissance..........it has been completely re-done recently........... pictures look beautiful
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 03:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
You can find many reviews/feedback on the London Marriotts at marriottrewardsinsiders.com

If you aren't currently a member, you can sign up at no charge. And then perform a search on that site.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 04:22 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
nytraveler may not know about the St Pancras. It is an AMAZING property -- at St Pancras station and just undergone a many multi-million £ restoration. It is one of the very (VERY) hottest properties in London and an iconic bldg. A true 5 star hotel.

If I had my choice of all London Marriotts - County Hall gets the best views, St Pancras the most buzz. I'm surprised you can get the St Pancras for the same rates as the Grosvenor Sq. (I wish I could afford to stay there - I need to adopt a Marriott employee )

Grosvenor sq is in a quiet (some say booooring) neighborhood. Grosvenor Sq is overlooked by the huge and ugly US Embassy.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 08:58 PM

The Renaissance St Pancras (which isn't in Islington) is the most conveniently located hotel in the world, with direct trains or tube to four London airports (and a relatively painless, one-change, link to City airport), direct trains to 70% of the UK mainland as well as France and Belgium, and direct tube connections to more places than any other hotel in London can boast, all within 3 mins of its reception desk.

The belief that London's busiest and best-connected tube station is out in the boondocks is simply deranged.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 09:43 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
to clarify just a bit -- I meant to post >>County Hall <u>has</u> the best views, St Pancras <u>gets</u> the most buzz<<