London Hilton Euston

Search

London Hilton Euston

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Hilton Euston

Has anyone stayed at the London Hilton Euston? If so, how are the accomodations? Is it close to any tube station? Is it within walking distance to any major sites of interest? Thanks!
Deborah
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 09:35 PM

No idea what the hotel's like.

Input its postcode into www.multimap.com and zoom to see where it is relative to everything else.

As you'll see, it's a 90 second walk to Euston railway and tube stations and to the separate Euston Square tube station.

Unless you have mobility problems, virtually everywhere in London, except for Greenwich, Kew and Hampton Court is within walking distance of everywhere else. The only conventional attractions within 10 minutes' walk are the British Museum, the British Library and the extraordinary, under-visited, Foundling Museum. The West End and the Buckingham Palace/Westminster area are 20-40 mins away on foot.

The hotel is virtually next door to the headquarters of the Wellcome Foundation, a medical charity that will be opening an exhibition space there broadly about medical history and sociology during 2006.
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 09:50 PM

everything flanneruk says.

That being said - any particular reason you chose this hotel? It IS right at two tube stations and lots of bus routes. But it is also a long way from anything except the British Library and British Museum. If you got a really good rate, it is not a bad property. But if you are using Hilton points or are paying near full price, you can probably find lots better . . . . .
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 05:12 AM
ron

This hotel used to be the Euston Plaza, and before that the Scandia Crown. I stayed there when it was the Euston Plaza. I thought it was ok, a good ***, but was somewhat surprised that Hilton considered it of sufficient quality to put it under its marque. But they say they have spent a few million pounds to refurbish, so perhaps it is a genuine **** now.

I think it is an excellent location, perhaps five minutes walk north of Russell Square. Even if you are unfit, it is walkable to Covent Garden & the West End, and Oxford Street.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

We are using Hilton points and found out that for a family of 4 there are no Hilton properties to sleep 4. This Hilton is 30,000 pts. per night verses the 35-40,000 per night of the other Hiltons in London. We have to book 2 rooms and really wanted to splurge on the 2 rooms that we have to get at the Hilton in Rome. (Since they can't accomadate 4 either) Nothing like being brand loyal and getting hassle in return!
That being said...we just wanted to make sure that it was not in a bad part of town. Thanks for your help.
Deborah
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 03:55 PM

I'm glad to hear its a good location. I will be there too on 28 July for the weekend, and though I looked at everything carefully before booking and I like it very much , it's nice to have a first hand opinion
We'll arrive to Stansted Airport at 6 PM so I don't think we will get at the hotel before 8 PM, what can we do at that hour ? I think everything shut too early in London..