London hotels near Olympia Hall

Sep 10th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

London hotels near Olympia Hall

I'm tagging along on a business trip with my husband who will be attending a convention at the Olympia Grand Hall. Is the Kensington Hotel within walking distance? We'll be there the first week of December and don't want to end up walking a long ways in cold, miserable weather. Thanks
Sep 10th, 2009, 04:19 PM

If I recall it is a ways, but there are buses that go along that street. can't you map it? www.mappy.com
Sep 10th, 2009, 04:22 PM

The Olympia Hilton would be really close.

As for the "Kensington Hotel" -- there are many hotels w/ 'Kensington' in their names. Is that the full name?

If you mean the Kensington Hotel in Queen's Gate, no, it isn't very close to Olympia.
Sep 11th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll cross the Kensington Hotel off my list. The Olympia Hilton, Novotel West, and Hilton Kensington are the three that are recommended from the meeting planners. The Olympia gets the lowest ratings of those 3, but looks to be the closest.
Sep 11th, 2009, 08:27 AM

Nothing at all wrong w/ the Hilton. I've stayed there twice (albeit - on VERY good priceline rates).

The Novotel is a bit of a walk (though much closer than the Kensington). The Hilton is basically just up the way from the Olympia access rd - about a 3 minute walk.