Using Hilton Honor Points in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're 2 couples from USA going to Bicknacre (a small vilage) in England for a wedding. While in the UK, we plan to spend 5 nights in London, hopefully using Hilton Points. Trying to minimize point cost while staying in a location convenient to attractions, public transportation, etc. Hilton London Kensington Hotel looks OK. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 09:18 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
the Hilton London Kensington is not very convenient since it is out beyond Holland Park and is practically in Shepherd's Bush.

Which other Hilton's can you use?

Hilton Green Park or the London Hilton (on Park Lane) would be much more central is you have enough points. The Waldorf or Trafalgar Hilton would also be very good.

There are many Hilton's in London but the 4 above are probably the best located.
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 06:25 PM

In March, I used Hilton points for a 4 night stay at the Hilton London Paddington. Location was great for us. Walking distance to Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens, attached to Paddington Station, short walk to Edgeware Road tube. Very happy with hotel.
Old Dec 29th, 2007, 01:28 PM

My husband and I stayed at the Kensington on points a few years ago. We actually liked the location, although as someone pointed out, it wasn't exactly central. It was close to the metro and in a pleasant neighborhood. Our room was decent size, and since we were gold members at the time, we had executive lounge access.

I would stay there again.
Old Dec 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM

We used Hilton points to stay in this hotel in 2005. We didn't mind the location -- it's an easy walk to the Holland Park tube, or you can jump on a bus in front of the hotel to take you to the tube. We got "Executive Level" rooms with free breakfast and free happy hour in the evening.

el