Which Hilton in London?

Apr 19th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Which Hilton in London?

Can anyone give me advice on the Hiltons in London? I have enough Hilton Honors points for several nights and would like advice on one in the city (not at the airport) that is four star, clean, close to the Tube, and safe for a female traveling alone.
Apr 19th, 2006, 01:52 PM

I was in July at the Hilton Euston and I found it very confortable and a very kind staff. The Tube is near (two blocks) and the bus is just in front of the door (two lines there) and a BIG stop where there are lines going everywhere in London is just crossing Euston Road, at the station so I found very easy to move even for me , I have a disability so I was very concerned about that because I cannot use the Tube.
I felt the zone to be very safe. I was there in summer when there are less people around because there are a lot of university buildings and they are closed, but it was lively enough so I think that with the university open..it should be better
Apr 19th, 2006, 03:58 PM

There's a Hilton in Mayfair called the Hilton Green Park. I haven't stayed there, but did stay at the nearby Holiday Inn Mayfair, and the location cannot be beat. The Green Park tube station is served by three underground lines, and the bus runs nearby. You can walk to Piccadilly Square, the West End, the Westminster area, Oxford Street, Hyde Park, etc.
Apr 19th, 2006, 05:59 PM

I would choose either the London Hilton (on Park Lane) or the Hilton Green Park.

Definitely avoid the Conrad. It is a lovely, posh place - but it is far from any sites w/ no public transport w/i a reasonable walk so you'd eat up all your savings w/ taxi fares.
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM

My husband and I stayed at the Kensington Hilton in November of 2004 for 7 nights. It's a little out of the way of the sites, but in a nice area that seemed somewhat residential and felt very safe. We were less than 10 minutes from the Holland park tube station--I believe there's another station that's even closer but you have to cross a busy street to get to it.

The hotel was very clean. The executive lounge didn't have enough seating at breakfast but we managed okay. There are a few restaurants and at least one convenience store on the same street.
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:37 PM

I'd second the recommendation for the Hilton on Park Lane, however, that is a five star property so maybe you don't wish to spend the points on that.

I think Green Park would be a good choice. The Hilton Mews (not the exact name) in Mayfair is too small, cramped, and just a real mess.
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:07 AM

Just DO NOT STAY at the Hilton Hyde Park on Bayswater Rd. It's a dump!!!

How it is still a Hilton is beyond me.
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:17 AM

The Hilton Honors thread in the flyertalk.com forum has some very detailed discussions about the pros and cons of various London Hiltons.
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:19 PM
dgg

Have you considered the Trafalgar? It's the most centrally located Hilton and pretty "hip."
Feb 15th, 2007, 11:15 PM

and donīt obsess with only thinking about the tube. as a woman travelling alone, plus as a tourist, i much prefer the bus system, and londonīs canīt be beat.