Istanbul Ritz Carlton

Search

Istanbul Ritz Carlton

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Istanbul Ritz Carlton

Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Istanbul? Our first choice was the Four Seasons, but there are three of us and we would be required to get two rooms at the Four Seasons so it's not economical. We are also considering the Ciragan Palace hotel. However, the rate at the Ritz is only $219 and the Ciragan Palace starts at $400, so I thought I should at least investigate the Ritz.
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:40 PM

To be honest I'd only want to stay in the old city. Four Seasons would be worth it in my opinion (and how often can you say you slept in a Turkish prison?). While the Ciragan Palace may be one of the great hotels of the world, I have no desire to stay there -- too far from the old city. Sorry I don't know where the Ritz Carlton is.
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:03 PM

Hi dina,

Hotel is far from Sultanahmet BUT close Military Museum. 15 minutes to Taksim square (It depends on your walking). If I were you I would stay in Swiss Otel rather then ritz because the price of swiss better then ritz and close to DOLMABAHCE much closer then ritz.

Here are the web page of them:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/istanbul/

http://www.swissotel.com/ms-basics.asp?id=13

Hava a nice holiday

Sinan Akdeniz
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:51 AM

I have stayed at the Ritz a few times, and like the hotel. The location is not central, but to be honest a taxi can take you to the central areas in 10 minutes or so and taxis are not expensive, IMO. You can walk downhill to the Dombache Palace. It is in a neighbourhood of modern offices and other hotels, so no charming old town feel. They have a great pool, spa and hamman. The food is excellent. The views from some of the rooms and the main dining room across the Bosphorus are really something, esp in the morning and the evening. The rooms are very nice, but I question whether you can get 3 people in them, as the ones I have seen and stayed in are an OK size, but not that large. Did the hotel confirm that you could have 3? With a rollaway it might be a real squeeze.

I believe the Ciragen has a shuttle boat to the central areas so I don?t think it is really that inconvenient. However, if you had to take a taxi every day with traffic, etc going out more than once a day could be a pain. Take a look at http://www.ciragan-palace.com/en/default.asp

Four Seasons location is ideal, have you checked if they have a junior suite that would take three.

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 02:40 AM

When we stayed at the 4s one of our rooms had an extra bed (2 kids and the nanny). Hotel very nice, great location, NO POOL. If you are going in hot weather, I would stay at a hotel with a pool. The Ciragan has a great pool and the most amazing Sunday brunch. I have not seen the Ritz. If you are going with a child, the transport
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 02:41 AM

to continue...the transportation museum is fabulous. Actually, good for anybody.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:56 AM

Why do you go to Istanbul? If it is to mainly visit the historic peninsula with the additional Istiklal Caddesi and Taksim walk, then you have to be in the historic peninsula or eventually somewhere very close to Galata/Beyoglu, maybe Pera Palace Hotel.
If you want to be in a luxury hotel, the you should try Ciragan. I found cheaper prices than you indicated at the following site.
http://www.istanbulhotels.bz/ciraganpalacehotel.htm
But if you think you will be in 10 minutes in the historic peninsula... I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe at some very rare short moments in a day, but in general, traffic is very dense in Istanbul.

To get a general view of Istanbul hotels, go to
http://www.istanbulhotelreservations...cityhotels.htm
and check Sultanahmet hotels and Laleli hotels, 2 central places in the historic peninsula.
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 07:54 AM

try hotel eresincrowne hotel.
at
www.eresincrown.tr

if interested ý amy be able to offer you better rates.
nejat incedogan
guide