Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hvar to Dubrovnik: ferry? ferry + bus from Korkula? ferry+bus from Split?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Issue: Getting from Hvar-Dubrovnik.
Sub-Issue: I can't afford to travel the whole day but, on the other hand, I want to enjoy the ride.

I have read great things about people that took the bus and rode along the coast. I would "invest" 1 hour to get from Hvar to Split by catamaran and more 4 1/2 hours to take the bus from Split to Dubrovnik.

I'm leaning towards this instead of taking a ferry or ferry + bus from Hvar to Dubrovnik.

What do you think about it?
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 05:25 AM

It depends on when you're travelling. What date and what time of day do you want to travel? Note that it is Korcula, not "Korkula", pronounced "KOR-choola".
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 01:30 PM

I just got back from Croatia 2 weeks ago today. I took the cat from Hvar to Split & then the bus to Dubrovnik. The bus wasn't bad & the scenery is just gorgeous along the way. On the way down to Dub. the end of August it took 5 hrs 15 min. On the way back to Split it took only 4.5. You can check out the bus schedules on the ak-split.hr website. The 4.5 hrs passed relatively quickly as there is so much to admire on the way. Seats are assigned. So when you buy the ticket, make sure you request the right side of the bus on the way down. I would also suggest you buy anything you want to eat or drink before getting on the bus as the 2 stops along the way are really only long enough to hit the bathroom.
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. I WILL take the bus from Split. And I'm leaving to Croatia tomorrow..this trip to Dubrovnik would take place on the 26th Sept...in a few days.
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:02 PM

BT--
We're also leaving for Croatia tomorrow, and will also be taking the Hvar-Split cat and Split-D'nik bus on T 9/26. We should be on the 1300 cat. If you see a 1m90 blonde guy with a 1m75 brunette girl, both in early 30s, be sure to say hello. Otherwise, have a great trip!